Author Topic: Creating a section for generic helpful hints  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Tony Haycock

Creating a section for generic helpful hints
« on: March 19, 2014, 07:40:53 AM »
Hi Des

Every so often when reading a thread, some clever modeller slips in mention of a useful trick or device they have created to make that particular model sequence that much easier, but they then get buried in the ongoing posts. An example would be the IFF14118's cabane strut jig for the Roden Nieuport 28. Having somewhere to store just that particular post for all of these sorts of things all in the one place would be a great resource for future modellers. Maybe a sub-section in Hints and Tips?

Cheers

Tony   

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Re: Creating a section for generic helpful hints
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 08:07:41 AM »
Great idea, Tony  ;)
I've got a few tricks up my sleeve and a few to work out, but work them out, I must!

Vb

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Creating a section for generic helpful hints
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »
Very good idea Tony, thanks for bringing it up. The hints and tips board has quite a good selection of techniques already listed with more being added all the time, any item of special interest is pinned, this could also apply for what you are referring to Tony. Starting a new board or even a sub-board could become very confusing, and to take one post out of an entire topic is not possible the way the forum is structured (not me but the forum host). Logistically it would be a nighmare, a constant check would have to be made on every single post and then it would have to be determined whether the particular post warrants inclusion into the new board, what and who justifies a post being worth keeping.

I think the best way to handle this is for members to keep me informed of any particular post that they feel is quite important in respect to giving modelers new ideas or techniques, I can then copy and paste the post into the Hints and Tips board and have it pinned so it remains on the first page.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com