Author Topic: Hinckley show 2014-Sunday March 23rd.  (Read 1313 times)

Offline DaveM

Hinckley show 2014-Sunday March 23rd.
« on: March 06, 2014, 05:38:58 AM »
East Midlands Model Club are holding their 24th model show at the Hinckley leisure centre on Sun 23rd March.Further details can be found on the web site http://www.eastmidsmodelclub.co.uk/show-info-update-here.html.
Lets hope the weather is kinder to us this year,can't be doing with that mucky white stuff at all.

Dave

Offline Nigel Jackson

Re: Hinckley show 2014-Sunday March 23rd.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 06:10:08 AM »
Enjoy the show Dave. As a  Brummie born and bred, had I still have been living in the UK, I'd have been there.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline DaveM

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 04:21:19 PM »
Hi Nigel,
thanks,and you would have been most welcome too.Even as a member of the club and helping to set up and run the show which has its downside,I always enjoy the show.Last year was probably the most problematic due to the weather,a no show by 5 traders and half a dozen clubs,but fortunately the modelling fraternity showed up in higher than expected numbers bless em!Hopefully we'll see more WW1 models on the tables due to the centenary.
I can't believe that this is now our 24th year of putting this show on,where have the years gone?We started out with one small hall,now we utilise all the dry areas available to hire of the leisure centre.Its the last time the show is going to be held at this location,as the local council are having a new centre built in the town centre and the old is being pulled down!

Dave.

Offline Andi Little

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 06:22:24 PM »
Well, this being my "home-game" persae it only goes to say "I'll be there". And for those that have teetered on the edge of going? It really is worthwhile - all the visiting clubs bring their "A" game to town, and there is some really inspirational modelling to be seen.
It's supported extensively by the trade to the point I probably stock up on 75% of my sundries and accessories on this one day.

It makes a good day out, and I often meet up with friends that I see only at this venue - give it a go if possible - I doubt you'll be disappointed.
KBO ............. Andi.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 08:15:35 PM »
I hope your show is a rousing success, Dave.  Best of luck!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...