Author Topic: Laid up  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Dal Gavan

Laid up
« on: February 18, 2014, 08:40:49 PM »
G'day.

Sorry for not progressing the slatted rigging experiments, but you can blame Michelle's <bleep> cat.  The ginger fur-lined <bleep> tripped me up on Thursday night and I twisted my back in trying to avoid head-butting the wall. 

The cat wasn't injured, as it can move very, very quickly when it has to.

Sitting down and playing with little bits of monofilament and styrene doesn't appeal too much at the mo'.  Hopefully in another couple of days things will ease up and I'll get back to experimenting and working on my SPAD and Tripe.

Dal

Who never was, and never ever, at any time, will be a "cat person".   

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Laid up
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 08:46:48 PM »
Sorry to hear of your mishap Dal, I hope your injuries are not too serious and that you recover quickly.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 09:47:02 PM »
Oh dear Dal, sorry to hear about things and I wish you a speedy recovery.

No doubt the cat will have looked on contemptuously.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 10:26:25 PM »
Hi Dal,

I wish you a quick recovery. The latest weeks I think that the cats are a bit conspiring against modelers.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 12:05:26 AM »
Dal,
   If rest and lack of stress don't do it consider the potential in a good dram of Single Malt! Hope you recover soon, and if you do seek revenge on the Feline, be very discreet and deceptive! ::)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 02:22:41 AM »
Dal

Who never was, and never ever, at any time, will be a "cat person".   
We, here in California, sometimes end up unwittingly with cat in our stir-fry.  It ain't that bad.  Here's to a speedy recovery, mate!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 12:07:15 PM »
Hope you are doing better, Dal.  Hopefully kitty had the good taste to
show some sympathy for you. ;) 

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 01:55:03 PM »
Hope you're up and about soon. I have a scar on my lower leg from when I accidentally stepped on the family cat's tail and he retaliated. The cat suffered no lasting damage. I also have chronic back pain and sympathize with your plight.

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 10:32:05 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes, gents.  What I've done is aggravated an old injury- herniated lumbar discs.  As anyone whose had one will know, when you upset them the buggers give you curry for a week or two and then settle down.  So nothing serious, just annoying enough to prevent concentration or relaxation.

I don't doubt I've munched on cat at some time (the "chicken" the chow wallah sold us on the Malay-Thai border was very chewy), however Tigga is not on the menu. And no, Ernie, I don't think cats understand the concept of "sympathy".  "Smug" is something they do very well, however, until you pick up a boot. 

"Feline overlords"??  Those who want to join the revolution can PM me.  I know just the cure for megalomaniacal felines:

Sláinte

Dal

Offline Modelnut

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 02:43:32 AM »
I believe it is a plot with the little furballs. Our youngest got hold of a Dvii I was working on.1/72 scale and going all out on super detailing. A damn fine tailskid is MIA as a result.
Take care of your back. Mine is chronic,so I know the pain too.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 04:25:53 AM »
As a fellow back-pain sufferer you have all of my sympathy. I do wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

Dekenba

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 04:32:39 AM »
I can strongly recommend liberal doses of Tramadol for severe back pain.

It's the only think that helps me when my back goes pop. That and the chiropractor.