Author Topic: Better...  (Read 1114 times)

Offline wunwinglow

• Flying Start Swordfish Build, in progress
Better...
« on: February 15, 2014, 08:18:22 AM »
Not sure if this is appropriate, but I am better now! I got swiped off my beloved GSX1250FA end of last September, bike written off, broken collar bone and walloped shoulder, ribs, and I woke up in an ambulance! First 'off' in 30 years of biking. Grrr. Simple case of the other guy not looking before turning into me, so insurance sorted pretty quickly for the bike. Had the last medical examination last week, both to give me the all clear, and to start the personal injury claim side of things. But best of all, I picked up my brand new V-Strom 1000 last week end, and in spite of the dreadful weather here in the UK, I'm back on two wheels! Awesome!

And I can make models again. Double awesome!

Tim

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Better...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 08:44:32 AM »
Fantastic news Tim to hear that you have recovered well, also great news to hear that you are back on a bike again. I hope all the personal injury claims go through okay for you. Looking forward to seeing you back at the model bench again.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »
Well, that is great news Tim and I hope things go well with personal injury claim side of things. I imagine that your face would have been a picture when you picked up the new bike.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 06:41:06 PM »
Good to hear of your recovery, Tim.  I'm happy to hear things are working
well for you and falling into place.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 12:19:58 AM »
Hi Tim,
 Glad to hear you're on the mend.  ;)

I've been riding for nearly 20 years and apart from losing the front end on diesel joining the A9 in Scotland I've been lucky. But never say never, eh!

I've had my eye on the new V-Strom for a while now. Thought about going back to the BMW GS range, but can't justify the price.
Have you got the new 2014 model? If so, what do you think of it?

Cheers,
Bob    :)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline wunwinglow

• Flying Start Swordfish Build, in progress
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 02:52:22 AM »
Thanks guys for your good wishes! I see WNW have added another Brit beauty to their range while I was off air, so my wish list is even longer now!

Bob,  i too looked at BMWs, but the big ones are just a bit intimidating, and the little F800 is nearer a V-Strom 650. Suzuki did a clever thing with this new bike,  it is light, slim, agile, lovely engine, extremely comfortable,  clever useful electronics, in fact ticked all of my boxes over other similar machines. Torque is where you need it, not skewed to give some brochure hp rating,  annd it looks, um, quite unique! I  have only had it a week, and the panniers and other accessories I ordered have yet to be fitted, hopefully at first service,  but I am already very very pleased with it. Don't buy anything until you have had at least one test ride on one! I'll post some pics shortly,

Tim