Author Topic: "Just sayin, is All"  (Read 2216 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
"Just sayin, is All"
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:07:06 AM »
    I recently pressed "send" on my 2000th Post here on the Forum, all in less then two years. I just wish to go on the record once more stating that this little "Club" is the highlight of my otherwise pretty well ordinary day and has really added to my experience in the Hobby. Great and inspiring projects to follow, a wealth of expertise, advice, and information, and a finer group of fellow enthusiasts then can be imagined hardly says it all.
   I also believe that my skill levels have benefitted greatly from being here; the tips, techniques, and experience to be found here is both inspirational and valuable, and furthers my enjoyment of the Hobby immeasurably.
   This is all to say Thank You to our Moderators and to Des, and particularly to the Membership; what a great little world we have going here, and were still only at the beginning!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

Re: "Just sayin, is All"
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 02:30:57 AM »
Lance,
Very well put and I couldn't agree more with your sentiments!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Cimmerian

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 02:47:48 AM »
2000 posts? Where do you find the time? :)

It is a very nice place to visit though.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 02:51:23 AM »
Bravo Lance!

I spent much of my professional life online tutoring on a post-graduate course and this involves me sending and receiving what seems like hundreds of messages a week as we discuss issues. You might have thought that in my spare time I'd want to be anywhere other than in front of a computer screen. Yet I just love this wonderful forum and have made such friendships and learned so much. A year or so ago, I would never have dared to show my models online to experts, but such is the environment here that I feel able to. So, thank you Des and all those who make this a great place to be.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 02:58:42 AM »
Keep the posts coming, Lance.  You have added a lot of knowledge and examples of wonderful
model-making which inspire the rest of us.  Thanks to you, my friend.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 04:31:54 AM »
Lance,
You just gave me a much needed jolt!  :o
The jolt to make another donation for the upkeep of this treasure trove of a forum  ;)
Thanks!

Des,
Check your virtual wallet - there be funds in them there pockets  :)

Von YourForumNeedsYou!

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Mark

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 06:32:41 AM »
Well said, Lance! I'm not sure where I'd be on my build(s) without the knowledge, insight, and encouragement exhibited by the fine folk that post here.

Mark G.

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 06:06:56 PM »
Hi Lance,

You are so right. This milestone proves that you are a very active forum member, as well in posting your builds from which we all learned a lot (I certainly did!), as in reacting on other people's work. Always in a very positive and gentle way. I am glad to know you and up to 3000!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline IanB

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 10:36:38 AM »
I couldn't agree more Lance,
Thanks everyone! (oh, and Des of course!  ;) )

Ian

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 08:42:25 PM »
 ;) NUFF SAID
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline mgunns

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 12:40:58 AM »
Just getting to this thread:  I couldn't agree more.  This forum and others like it have been most helpful for me in this hobby of WW1 aircraft.  I wouldn't have ever thought I would be able to build these let alone post them on a forum.  So, it is with thanks to all who share their skills and talents with the rest of us that I write this.  Like Lance, I too look forward to this forum and seeing what is going on with the rest of the enthusiasts.  During the long winters here in the Great Upper Midwest, this is a real sanity boost.

Best wishes to all.

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 04:38:45 AM »
Just getting to this thread:  I couldn't agree more. 

Am in the same position and wholly agree with Mark.

A year or so ago, I would never have dared to show my models online to experts, but such is the environment here that I feel able to. So, thank you Des and all those who make this a great place to be.

And this says it all for me too. I rarely showed any of my models to anyone and really had to kick myself to post anything here or elsewhere, (and had to be kicked hard by a couple of others too), but I am so pleased that I did. It has changed the way in which I think about my own builds: most of all it has given me tremendous insight into what really good modellers can achieve and how they achieve it.

Thanks to you Des and all who contribute.