Author Topic: Eduard DH2 Stripdown  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Rizzo

Eduard DH2 Stripdown
« on: January 27, 2014, 04:03:28 AM »
I've not seen this one mentioned before, might have missed something though?
http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/DH-2-STRIPDOWN-1-48.html?force_sid=7572a8d620a977c318c97f97d70b46d7
Looks interesting :)

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: Eduard DH2 Stripdown
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 06:59:19 AM »
  Rizzo,
Thanks for sharing this one. Althought I don't believe I'm up to the challenge of this kit it doesn't look too difficult if you have the proper tools for PE. I can't imagine all the bending of the brass without some sort of specialized tool.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 08:39:10 AM »
Thanks for posting Rizzo, this kit looks very impressive, as Gregory said, it would take some specialized equipment to get all those PE folds correct.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline davecww1

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 01:20:50 PM »
I got the new Eduard kit a few weeks ago, here are some photos of what you get in the box, which includes Eduard's new 100th anniversary of WW1 logo. 
Dave

Offline davecww1

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 01:27:15 PM »
Should not be too hard to build to look like the one on the box top (unpainted plastic and brass parts) but may take some serious work to make look like an actual DH2 without fabric, as you still have to rig it!  Also note that unfortunately despite the excellent photoetched brass wings, tail, spoked wheels and interior parts, they unfortunately give you the same plastic nacelle as the standard kit, so you cannot show the nacelle with highly detailed cockpit without the fabric on the sides.   It would have been better to give photoetched side frames and a new tool plastic nose and metal panel section to give the cutaway area around the cockpit but I guess we can alway scratchbuild that ourselves!  So a nice kit but not quite as nice as the smaller fokker DR.1 in 1/72 scale.  there are none of the extra resin detail parts or the resin former for the photoetched wheel hubs but I guess we can't have it all.
Dave

Offline FOKKERJ

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 10:02:54 PM »
I've not seen this one mentioned before, might have missed something though?
http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/DH-2-STRIPDOWN-1-48.html?force_sid=7572a8d620a977c318c97f97d70b46d7
Looks interesting :)

Thank You Rizzo for Posting this.  :)

I had just ran across this on the Eduard site myself and wanted to share it also.
Now I've forgotten why I went there!  :-\

Cheers, Jay
Studies have shown that people who have more birthdays live longer. :)

Dekenba

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 05:49:18 AM »
I love working with PE, but there is way too much metal there even for me!