Author Topic: Wingnut wings  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Silver wings

Wingnut wings
« on: January 18, 2014, 04:47:38 AM »
Hi All,
My last message said that I was working on a Tamiya F4U-i Corsair 1/32 scale and then would start a build on the Wingnut wings Hanover CL.11, however I got tired of building WW2 models and put the Corsair aside for now. Instead of starting the build of the Hanover I bought The Fokker E.111 And Dh.2 combination from Wingnut wings. The Fokker E.111 has been a great fun build. There are some issues with their instructions which I correct and change as needed. As well I have lost some parts that fly into the fifth dimension in my work room , such as the side dashboard panel A31 on page 4 so I made a new one out of stretched sprue and plastic sheet. A few days later it returned from the fifth dimension when I was looking for another lost part, but too late it was already attached and painted. The next screw up was breaking off a pin for the spark plug wire attachment on the engine, so a new one was made and attached. The spark plug wires were made from individual brass wires from an 18 gauge extension plug. This works out to a .094". Very nice. The flash guard on the cowling was removed and replaced with the photo etched part supplied. The fuselage is now together and sanded down with sandpaper sizes from 100 grit to 12000 grit, after filling the separation with Gunze Sangyo surfacer 500. Smo-o-oth and shiny and ready for painting.
I am so excited about this kit that I just ordered the Fokker E.1 and the Fokker E.4 from Wingnut wings for the next builds. Each one of these Eindeckers are unique, and will make a nice display. I have already made up 26 turnbuckles from .005 brass tubing 3mm long and will be making eyelets from brass wire to use with it. I wasn't too keen on using the elastic thread of which I have several sizes, so I used both .006(.15mm) brass wire and .006 monofilament on the cockpit rigging but am still not sure how I will attach the rigging on the wings and the rest of the airplane.

Cheers,

Alec

Offline mgunns

Re: Wingnut wings
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 05:51:36 AM »
Hello Alec:

You should place in the "Under Construction" side where more people will be able to see it and comment on your progress and answer your questions.  Photo's are always an added nice touch to any build log.

There are a few WNW Eindecker logs right now.   Good luck and look forward to seeing you progress through this build.

Best

Mark

Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 07:30:58 AM »
Sounds as if you are well under way with your Eindecker build Alec, I (and the rest of the members) would love to see photos of your work as you progress through your build.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 12:55:32 PM »
Sounds as if you are well under way with your Eindecker build Alec, I (and the rest of the members) would love to see photos of your work as you progress through your build.

Des.

What Des said!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Silver wings

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 07:04:53 AM »
Thank you for the nice comments. It has been many years since I posted pictures in a forum so the methods are not remembered well. Is there a place I can access to refresh the procedure? The latest camera I have is a Canon Power shot A1200. I used to work with cameras and wrote articles in magazines many years ago, but at 84 I don't do much of that anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you all,

Alec

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 09:05:58 AM »
Have a look here Alec  http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=98.0

If you use a photo sharing site it is very easy to post photos, looking forward to seeing your work.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 10:28:54 PM »
I use Photobucket, which has always worked well for me. Might be worth a
look and see what you think, Alex. I hope to see your photos before long,
especially your idea for the turnbuckles. 

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 11:23:40 PM »
I use Photobucket, which has always worked well for me. Might be worth a
look and see what you think, Alex. I hope to see your photos before long,
especially your idea for the turnbuckles. 

Cheers,
Ernie :)

Hi Alec, as Ernie has said I use Photobucket as well and it is very easy to use, free as well, you can store all your photos there and then post them to the forum, if you need any help just ask and we will be only too happy to guide you through.
We look forward to seeing some photos soon.

Cheers

Pete.