Author Topic: feeling down  (Read 1893 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

feeling down
« on: January 15, 2014, 04:09:04 PM »
at work sunday developed the scratchy throat and headache, yesterday woke up head throbbing,weak,dizzy,achy,congested. after i got up and got some food and caffeine in me felt a tad better.woke up today with a plug in the sinuses then had to go to work still feeling weak ,achy and disoriented. hopefully better tommorow. came on quick, hopefully burns out quick.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: feeling down
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 05:40:54 PM »
Doesn't sound good Scott, you could be in for a dose of something. Take care mate and rest where possible, keep drinking plenty of fluids, hope you feel better soon.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 05:48:15 PM »
Yes, get well soon Scott. Plenty of rest, relaxation and fluids.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:32:06 PM »
Wishing you a quick recovery Scott. All the best

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Modelnut

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 07:39:33 PM »
Take care. If you go to the doctor like I did last week,pray he doesn't give you Prednisone.That stuff has wreaked havoc on me.Once you start the 12 day dose you can't stop it. One side effect is a racing heart.I've been awake now for almost 24 hours and not slleepy yet.My bronchitis has almost cleared though!
Take care.People are dying in the US with the flu.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 08:28:55 PM »
I read tonight that there is a very nasty norovirus spreading across America, it is highly contageous and can lead to some very unpleasant symptoms. Take care Scott, hope you haven't caught this nasty little creature.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 08:49:58 PM »
Take care Scott, all the best for a speedy recovery, hope you are soon feeling better.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 11:36:06 PM »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Scott.  Some of those bugs really
knock the stuffing out of a person.  Hope you get over this one soon.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 01:30:58 AM »
 Scott,
Take care of yourself and get well soon. Our unusually cold and wet weather doesn't help much either. It seems like around here more  people than usual are on sick call with bad colds or worse the flu. So as I said take care of yourself my old friend and get well soon.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 03:55:05 AM »
Get well soon, buddy.  For the past few years, I've been taking a packet of Emergen-C in a Monster drink every morning and I haven't gotten sick in years, while those around me are dropping like flys. 
http://www.emergenc.com/
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 03:56:37 AM »
Hope ya feel better soon. Download the new issue of AirModeller and curl up with that :)

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 02:16:18 PM »
thanks guys very uplifting to read the responses. i am feeling a bit better today, mostly fatigued and achy with minor congestion and scratchy throat. i was afraid if would take a more sinister turn but i seem to be improving and as long as i am improving i am content. mostly just took aspirin,psuedofed,vitamin c, and cold ease. i cant say enuff good about cold ease.being that i was at work on the onset i wasnt able to start quick enuff with this remedy(cold ease) i used to have a female roomate who always got sick, when she brought it home i would normally start taking cold ease at the first tickle in my nose and throat. a good 90% of the time it didnt progress beyond the tickle. i truly believe it has alot to do with limiting the virus from replicating although a friend told me it prevents drippings from sticking and therefore festering in your throat, therefore preventing spreading into the lungs et al.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 01:52:08 AM »
Glad youre starting to feel a bit better. Working at an international airport means I dont touch anything in the terminal!!!

Steve