Author Topic: cross and cockade back issues  (Read 1728 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

cross and cockade back issues
« on: January 10, 2014, 04:23:58 PM »
i was interested in some back issues. first i went here:

http://www.crossandcockade.com/store/shopdisplaycategories.asp?cat=6#sthash.0ldIpxLK.dpbs

it only allowed for downloads, so i tryed to download what they called issue 17,1986 for 9pounds. it wouldnt let me. i registered added to my cart and when i hit "pay with credit card" it redirects me and says this url doesnt exist.

part ii:
i tryed here next:

http://www.overthefront.com/shop/cross-cockade-issues

the issues here have different year to issue number designations.

question? are there 2 different publications known as cross and cockade?  if so thats pretty dumb.

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: cross and cockade back issues
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 04:53:50 PM »
wow crazy, i wanted to download vol 17(1986) as it has a 4 part a-h markings series but it wont let me seal the deal so to speak. then when i looked elsewhere i couldnt figure out why the volumes didnt match.freaky.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 05:02:34 PM »
actually it seems as though there is cross and cockade, c&c british and c&c international so yea 3 magazines with the same name with totally different volumes and issues. wow who woulda thunk it.

Offline Hannover

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 06:49:26 PM »
There are two series of Cross & Cockade publications.

The earliest was Cross & Cockade Journal  - The Society of World War 1 Aero Historians. This is a US Society and publication. First published around 1960, I have Volume 3 Number 2 which is dated Summer 1962.
Then we have Cross & Cockade (Great Britain) - The Society of World War 1 Aero Historians. This is the UK publication and first published in 1970. It was named Cross & Cockade International from Volume 17 onwards, so from 1986.

I have a complete set of all 44 Volumes of Cross & Cockade (Great Britain)/International. It took me around 9 months to get the backlog of around 40 volumes when I started collecting them about 4 years ago. eBay is a good place to look as is Abebooks /Amazon or just a general search on the web can bring up copies anywhere in the world. I got copies form UK, US, France, New Zealand and via eBay, Amazon, book sellers and private sales.

I'm happy to scan particular pages/articles if it helps.

Peter

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 04:08:05 PM »
thank you for your response and your offer. i am interested in the 4 part austro hungarian markings artilcles which are in vol 17 issues 1-4 1986 of the great britain/international variety. i will try again to download this from the site, just yesterday when it came time to pay it would not let me.

Offline Hannover

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 06:24:50 PM »
thank you for your response and your offer. i am interested in the 4 part austro hungarian markings artilcles which are in vol 17 issues 1-4 1986 of the great britain/international variety. i will try again to download this from the site, just yesterday when it came time to pay it would not let me.

PM me an email address and I'll scan the articles for you. May take a few days to do them all. Happy to help, and it'll save you some money!!

Peter

Offline Hannover

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 01:25:22 AM »
Scott - Check your PM's

Peter