Author Topic: DH-4 airliner, Roden's 1/48 kit  (Read 2752 times)

Offline jessie_c

Re: DH-4 airliner, Roden's 1/48 kit
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 09:50:46 AM »
I am remiss in neglecting this thread. The model is finished now and I forgot to tell you all about it. So here goes a couple of months' worth of modelling condensed into one post.
The horizontal flying surfaces have all their rigging mounts installed and ready for a bit of paint

Progress at last! I've got the preliminary paint on, and the major parts test fitted together

A little close-up of my anchor loops

Progress. If this were a monoplane I'd be nearly finished by now...

Now it's time to let the trained spider loose. First, the cross rigging between the interplane struts

This is anchored by looping the rigging line through the anchor point, wrapping it around once, pulling it tight, and then applying a drop of Superglue.

Next, the flying and landing wires. Thread on a short length of micro tube, run the line through the anchor point, then feed it back through the  micro tube

Draw it tight, and anchor it with a drop of superglue on the end of the micro tube away from the anchor point.

Now I have both inner bays done, and I need to take a stress break

Done!

"When once you have tasted flight you will walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward
for there you have been and there you will always long to return."  Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 10:06:48 AM »
Very nice, Jessie!  Well done!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 10:29:07 AM »
That's come together nicely, Jessie.  I do like the blue and silver scheme you used.  It's a nice change from PC10/12.

Cheers.

Dal.

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 06:43:29 PM »
Beautiful Jessie, well done!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 09:24:10 PM »
Good job, Jessie! You and the spiders have done really well on the rigging and the
paint looks great...nice combination of the blue and silver.  All in all, a really nice model'
Well done!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline mgunns

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 04:21:49 AM »
Hello Jessie C:

Good job on this one.  It is nice to see this on the Forum.  I have seen the box art, but this is the first time seen the model completed.  Thanks for posting the completed airplane.  Do you have any more shots of it from different angles?

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline jessie_c

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »
I put the rest of the finished build pictures in the finished builds forum ;)
"When once you have tasted flight you will walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward
for there you have been and there you will always long to return."  Leonardo Da Vinci