Author Topic: 1/32 Encore Se5a  (Read 4172 times)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: 1/32 Encore Se5a
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 12:47:42 AM »
Chris,
   In addition to Dal's remarks those seat belts are outstanding. Nicely done!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline compressor man

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 12:59:31 AM »
Excellent work, Chris.  I particularly like the way you've done the instrument panel.  Will you be able to include photo's of the pulley inserts?

Cheers.

Dal.

Here you go...
and thank you Lance for your kind comment!

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 01:35:29 AM »
The detail on the resin parts is very good but it looks like a daunting task getting them set without a lot of repair work afterwards.

Steve

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 03:15:34 AM »
Some very fine detail work on this build. Very interesting and very informative. Well done and keep up the good work.

Offline compressor man

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 05:58:53 AM »
It has been forever since I have posted any progress on this wip. I have finally finished the major parts of construction and am able to move on to my favorite part of model building which is painting. I just finished painting the CDL on the bottom of the wings. I was inspired by some of the pictures of TVAL's aircraft kindly posted here by Jamo. I noticed how the oil stained the wings in somewhat hard-edged 'pools' and have attempted to replicate this. I have posted one of his pics of an actual aircraft and then a pic of my attempt of it. I hope that I have pulled it off successfully since this was my first time trying it.

Chris

Offline compressor man

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 06:01:58 AM »
My pics

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2014, 06:02:13 AM »
I guess I posted before you finished. Going back to look then will add
RAGIII

Looks VERY EFFECTIVE to me! I think you have captured the look well! I was thinking of doing something aimilar on my Snipe build. Could you explain your process please?
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline compressor man

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 10:14:43 AM »
Thanks Rag, I am very pleased that is looks effective to someone besides myself! I would be happy to share my method with you. I used Testors Model Master enamels to do it. I sprayed on an initial coat of Radome Tan for my base coat of CDL.

I then added a few drops to that mix and randomly sprayed patches on the wings to prevent them from looking to monochromatic. Next I sprayed some more random spots/patches with Dunkelgelb, which is sort of a dark sand. This further blotched my finish, which was exactly what I wanted.

I then applied the thin strips of tape to mask off the rib areas and sprayed a little dunkelgelb over them.

To keep this from appearing too stark of a contrast I sprayed a little dunkelgelb on the entire wing surface after removing the tape.
This tied everything together.

For the oil spots I used a brownish mix and sprayed a puddle on the wing (I have been spraying at about 15 psi or so this whole time. I now turned the pressure up to at least 20 psi and sprayed that puddle around with just air (no paint) I was using a double action brush for this. I just 'moved' the puddle around with my airbrush just as the slipstream would do on the real plane until I was satisfied with its look. I also did the same thing with Burnt umber.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2014, 10:31:11 AM »
Thanks Chris for the explanation, this will help a lot of members. The results you have achieved are very effective and certainly look very similar to the photo of the original, well done.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2014, 03:52:51 PM »
Hello Chris,

Very clever and inventive airbrush work. Great job!

Kind regards
Patrick