Author Topic: Roden replacement parts.  (Read 2367 times)

Offline sobrien

Roden replacement parts.
« on: January 03, 2014, 12:50:42 PM »
Hello,

I received a Roden Sopwith Triplane for Christmas and one of the landing gear struts is broken. Has anybody had luck dealing with Roden about broken parts? Do I just email them?

Thanks for any help.

Sean

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Roden replacement parts.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 12:57:55 PM »
Hello,

I received a Roden Sopwith Triplane for Christmas and one of the landing gear struts is broken. Has anybody had luck dealing with Roden about broken parts? Do I just email them?

Thanks for any help.

Sean

Yep. I got a kit with an errant sprue, after an email to Roden Olga shipped me a replacement no questions asked.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 11:38:03 PM »
Yes, I had great service too from Roden following an accident to a model I was building.  I explained the  situation which was not the fault of Roden yet the help was quick and generous.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline sobrien

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 12:36:54 AM »
Thank you, I'll email them now.

Sean

Offline mc65

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 08:35:53 AM »
I do confirm.

in one of the Dr.I there was a sprue of a D.VII (I guess).
olga solved in just few days.

Offline sobrien

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 11:38:17 AM »
Well, I went to my local hobby shop and they let me trade in the kit for a new one even though I didn't purchase it there. Opened up the new one to make sure it was OK. Good old Hobbyland, may they ever continue to care for the modeling needs of my fair city. Problem solved.
Thanks for all the advice.

Sean

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 09:55:34 PM »
Well, I went to my local hobby shop and they let me trade in the kit for a new one even though I didn't purchase it there. Opened up the new one to make sure it was OK. Good old Hobbyland, may they ever continue to care for the modeling needs of my fair city. Problem solved.
Thanks for all the advice.

Sean

Now that is great service!  Very good to hear, Sean.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 10:13:32 PM »
Hello all. Now here's some customer service....

A few weeks ago. I bought another little Roden beauty. On opening the box and the plastic bagging to get a feel of things I noticed that one of the undercarriage legs was broken and unusable.

Not long before midnight on Friday 10 January I emailed Roden and explained the situation.
Mid-afternoon the following day, I received an email from Olga saying that a replacement spruce was on the way.
The small carefully packaged spruce arrive this morning Friday, 17 January, complete with a hand written postcard offering me greetings (which would parallel the experience Bo commented on a year or so ago)

Of course, my preference would have been for the part not to have needed replacement, but given that it was, the response was great.

That our hobby is supported by such service as that offered by Roden and others such as, but not only, Rowan and Sabine at Pheon, is so reassuring.

Best wishes
Nigel