Author Topic: 1/32 Salmson 2-A2 USAS  (Read 6878 times)

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: 1/32 Salmson 2-A2 USAS
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2014, 03:59:13 AM »
  Mark,
Outstanding project my old friend. I'm looking forward to seeing your wiring job on her wireless. Keep up the excellent progress.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

guitarlute101

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2014, 06:04:01 AM »

Hey Gregory! Many thanks. I'm doing a little more modification of the kit part (the molded on box was getting in the way of my wiring ideas)

From this:

To this:

Mark

Offline Zabu

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2014, 06:35:36 AM »
Outstanding work. Fantastic.

Cheers

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2014, 10:11:55 AM »
Holy Cow, Mark!

That's really something.  You have set the bar.  My wife got me that one for Christmas and it is my next new build to be started pretty darn soon!

Keep it up...Dan

P.S.  and off topic...I am trying to build my own nylon string acoustic guitar.  Have you even done so?  I just started trying to learn guitar and thought it would be fun to attempt making my own.

guitarlute101

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2014, 10:46:39 AM »
Thanks Zabu and Dan,

I've never built a guitar on my own but I do know several builders, both electric and acoustic. I find it all very interesting but, for me, there seems to be a lot of investment in jigs, measurement tools, glues, etc. so I never really got into it. Let me know if you decide to try it.

Mark

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2014, 05:24:40 PM »
Thank you, gutiarlute for your build log. It will be very informative when I get to my Salmson later this year. Great modelling!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2014, 10:04:29 PM »
Mark, will you be leaving the radio compartment open on this kit?  It would be a shame to hide the detail you're putting in, mate, if you are going to close it up.

Dal.

guitarlute101

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2014, 10:57:49 PM »
Thanks Prez!

Mark, will you be leaving the radio compartment open on this kit?  It would be a shame to hide the detail you're putting in, mate, if you are going to close it up.

Dal.

Hi Dal,

I will definitely be leaving it (and more of the engine cowlings) open. There is quite a bit of modification to do it but it's fun to come up with the solutions to get it done.

Mark

Offline mgunns

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2014, 11:55:18 PM »
Hello Mark:

You are breaking ground on this model as I think you are the first to post any type of build log for it.  Your work is always outstanding and I will be watching you progress through the build.  I have one and will hope to get to it before summer sets in with a vengence.  By the way, did you ever get your NINAK finished?

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

guitarlute101

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2014, 12:06:25 AM »
Hello Mark:

You are breaking ground on this model as I think you are the first to post any type of build log for it.  Your work is always outstanding and I will be watching you progress through the build.  I have one and will hope to get to it before summer sets in with a vengence.  By the way, did you ever get your NINAK finished?

Best

Mark

Thanks Mark, I really appreciate that, I'm having a lot of fun with this one.

I did finish the Ninak last year, I'll post some pictures in the Completed Models section.

Mark

guitarlute101

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2014, 06:55:00 AM »
Hi everyone,

A small update.

The self-sealing fuel tank that was positioned behind the pilot seat was fabric wrapped. The kit part only has fabric texture on the front and back so I used some modelling mesh and super glued it around the middle...............

then primed it in grey..............

I wanted to do this because you will be able to see a little of the side of the fuel tank through the open wireless access panel.

I also managed to make a partial fuselage former and paint and detail the wireless boxes..................................

More soon and thanks for checking in!

Mark

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2014, 07:53:46 AM »
Beautifully done Mark. I've got the Gaspatch Salmson and so, although planning to work at a different scale to you, I'm finding this build really helpful. Thank you.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2014, 09:28:16 AM »
Beautiful work on the radio gear. Your build is certainly inspiring to date!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2014, 10:42:03 AM »
That's some pretty fancy "scratching" Mark. Nice work, it's looking spectacular already given your previous results and I'm looking forward to more.
Cheers,
Lance

guitarlute101

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2014, 01:52:43 PM »

thanks guys!