Author Topic: WnW Fokker E.1 (Early)  (Read 9840 times)

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
Re: WnW Fokker E.1 (Early)
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2013, 06:21:27 PM »
Great choice of subject Pete, my E.1 still sits in my stash, I also got the Taurus engine, it is an incredible little kit, I will wait to see how you build yours  ;)

Des.
Hello Pete:

The pressure is on now.  All eyes are upon you as you work your skills!  I have a couple of the Taurus engines and I almost went apoplectic upon viewing them!!! Yikes!  Good luck Pete.

Best Wishes for your Christmas and New Year!

Mark

Thanks guys, no pressure then   :o  :-\, I'll have a go.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2013, 08:26:26 PM »
Nothing to it, Pete.  As long as you can find the parts....good gravy they are tiny!
Luckily you're just the fellow to master this project.  Enjoy! :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2013, 08:47:06 PM »
Thanks Ernie.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Ronkootje

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2013, 09:18:56 PM »
I got my fokkers last week the cowlings are not the same thinning the as we speak  ;)

Regards Ron

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2013, 09:46:17 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Ron.

Well I've made a start on the Uberursel, first impressions, as everybody has said the detail is superb, if in some cases moniscule, the resin is medium hardness so is very easy to cut, also Taurus put pieces on the sprue in such a way that they can be painted before they are removed from the sprue, this makes life so much easier with the minute components.
All in all I'm well pleased.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2013, 10:26:05 PM »
Parcelfarce have just struck, received a letter this morning demanding £10.30 VAT + £8.00 handling charge = £18.30, however the E.I should be here Tuesday.
Onwards and upwards.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2013, 10:40:42 PM »
Same thing around here Pete. When I receive a package from WnW the VAT and handeling are about 1/3 of the kits price. And I am Lucky if the kits are not opened. Good luck with the build! I'm sure it's going to be awfully nice.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2013, 10:49:17 PM »
Thanks Patrick.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2013, 10:31:57 PM »
Great start on the engine, I cut the parts out, glued the back plate on, now the prop shaft, put some more CA on the strip I use, went to pick up the prop shaft, it had disappeared totally, I've searched every where but it has vanished completely, hopefully not all is lost as I might be able to utilise the prop shaft that comes in the kit.

Cheers

Pete.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2013, 11:00:47 PM »
Pete,
   Hopefully your work around with the Kit shaft will work; do it and then the missing bit will appear, when no longer needed! (that's the way it works on my bench at least!)
  Good luck.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2013, 04:35:46 AM »
Thanks Lance, but it gets better, cutting out the cylinder heads, six down, great, one to go, PING, off up the worktop like a rocket, it went in to a space with walls on to 2 sides, could I find it, no chance, anyway I've e-mailed Lucasz and he is sending me replacements after New Year, things can only get better, I hope.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2013, 05:11:38 AM »
Sorry to hear that Pete. All these little parts have a will of their own don't they. Best is to take a little distance and the next day you find your part by accident. Good luck Pete and a very healthy and successful 2014!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2013, 08:11:20 AM »
Don't you just hate it when things like that happen, that horrible sight of seeing a part "ping" off into the distance never to be seen again, my carpet monster is very well fed. I have the same Taurus engine sitting in my E.I box, so I will be following very to closely every word you say Pete, not just the engine build but the E.I kit as well.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2013, 10:11:19 AM »
Pete,
   You've really started a trend here; last night I was cutting valve springs off the base (Taurus Mercedes DIIIa Kit for a Pfalz) and launched one like a bullet straight out the door of my cave. I know it went that way because the dog was laying outside the doorway and he immediately jumped up and looked, of course, down the hall. Given the expanded search area I didn't look for very long............  Thankfully Taurus includes a few spares. 
   Not to hijack your Thread however I just need to vent and also confirm that you are not alone. There`s a market for pingless tweezers and hobby knives; whoever invents one or both will quickly become a very wealthy modeller!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2013, 06:22:01 PM »
Thanks guys, I think I will have to wait and compare the kit shaft with the Taurus one as the Taurus prop shaft did look a little on the thin side for fitting the prop and boss in the kit, I will wait and see.

Cheers

Pete.