Author Topic: Painting a RAF Fokker DV.II  (Read 1356 times)

Offline menardi

Painting a RAF Fokker DV.II
« on: November 04, 2013, 12:43:20 PM »
Hello, everybody!
It is my first question in this forum.
I have in my hands the Wingnut Wings Fokker DV.II and I would like to paint it in the RAF colours.
Please, could anyone tell me the appropriated colours for my project mainly to the wings (upper and lower sides). Must I keep the lozenge pattern camouflage?
Any help is welcome.
All the best,
Fabrício

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Painting a RAF Fokker DV.II
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 01:55:18 PM »
i would research to see if there were any captured d vii photos available in brit markings then mimic the scheme. i have seen many captured aircraft on both sides in different period photos. if you are asking "what if?" the british made a d vii then the standard brit finish was uppers and sides in pc-10 (a brownish green shade of drab) and cdl(clear doped linen) bottoms which is a creamy beige to buttery shade. then of course the wings would have above and below the brit cockades and the tri-color stripe on the rudder. other than that i dont know what to say.

Offline flypaper

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 01:17:07 AM »
Hello, everybody!
It is my first question in this forum.
I have in my hands the Wingnut Wings Fokker DV.II and I would like to paint it in the RAF colours.
Please, could anyone tell me the appropriated colours for my project mainly to the wings (upper and lower sides). Must I keep the lozenge pattern camouflage?
Any help is welcome.
All the best,
Fabrício

Fabricio

Hope this helps

Flypaper

Offline sobrien

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 01:58:48 AM »
I believe Pheon does a set of decals for RAF and Canadian D. VII's.

Sean