Author Topic: 1/32 WnW aircraft engines (edit: and accessories) now available separately!  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Jose Chaica

• Jose "Von Muttley" Chaica
While the engines (and accessories) are not new models on their own, these releases are nevertheless great news!
Just take a look at their website!  :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:20:01 PM by Jose Chaica »
Jose Chaica, from Portugal.

Offline Whiteknuckles

Re: 1/32 WnW aircraft engines now available separately!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:55:33 PM »
Not just engines!!

New 1:32 Products ably spotted by Jose are:

132E0004 - Merc D.IVa engine sprue
132E0005 - Merc D.III, D.IIIa, D.IIIaü engine & accessory sprue
132E0007 - RAF 4a engine sprue
132E0008 - Liberty V12 engine sprue
132E0009 - Bz.III engine & accessory sprue
132E0010 - Austro-Daimler/Beardmore engine sprue
132G0003 - German accessories 3 sprue
132R0001 - RFC/RAF Armament sprue

Engines, accessories and armaments for those who want extra's....

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:50:57 PM »
I note that they're listed as 'limited availability' so I suspect that these are extra sprues they have on hand so get 'em while you can.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Jose Chaica

• Jose "Von Muttley" Chaica
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 10:21:40 PM »
Not just engines!!

Quite right, ideed! I´ve just changed the topic header.  ;)
Jose Chaica, from Portugal.

Offline phs Paddy

Thanks Jose for the heads up. I just popped off an order to those jolly good folks at WnW for their Merc D.III, D.IIIa, D.IIIau engine & accessory sprue. One of the things I was eyeing is the extra propellers. My 1/32 Encore F.I prop has some really bad sink holes and if I have trouble filling those I’ll have a right proper backup there. Of course the engine was a big draw too. It will let these old hands do a bit of practicing before going live.  ;D

Paddy 

P.S. That sprue falls right in with Jamo's Merc D.IIIa thread.  ;)
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline ALBATROS1234

theyve been doing this on the side for over a year, i bought some lerhone 80hp sprues to add to my sh morane type n and nieuport 11. david johnson said if theres any thing we need it was $10 per sprue.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:23:37 AM by ALBATROS1234 »

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
 ;D needn't say more..  noted no pre-release BMW Engine though...  ;)

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline ALBATROS1234

prob no bmw yet. i guess they will categorize the dvii releases so they only include one or the other. could they be so kind as to include merc and bmw options in one boxing? who knows but my guess is no. unless its an $85 kit not a $65 like all the other one seaters. still ima have to get a few dviis. i imagine there will be 4 right. fokker early,fokker late.alb early and alb late. theres definately enuff schemes to support 4 boxings.

Offline ALBATROS1234

i just checked the site and it appears that the sprues vary in price from $14 to $18 bucks. i wonder does that include shipping.

Offline Whiteknuckles

Yes it does A1234 - according to their checkout page/shopping cart. Free worldwide shipping as per the models. ;)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline N.C.S.E

I wonder if it'd be possible to rig up some sort of cradle and then add some mechanics and the engine and have a little diorama from it?
The years to come seem waste of breathe, a waste of breathe on balance with this life, this death. - W.M.Yeates

Offline phs Paddy

I wonder if it'd be possible to rig up some sort of cradle and then add some mechanics and the engine and have a little diorama from it?

I think you're right and it would make a great project.  :)

Paddy
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

mike in calif

...and remember, Italeri made a "field tool set" a long time ago(1/35) and Historex made a similar set, albeit for Napoleonics.

Offline Trackpad

Just what does "Misc - email [email protected] for details" mean? There are four of these boxes at the bottom of the page, but no details come up.  ???
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
 I wonder why WNW did offer the 80hp La Rhone along with the other goodies. The La Rhone would be very handy for my SPAD A-2 project.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"