Author Topic: NEW ! 32026 Pfalz D.IIIa of Jasta 30  (Read 2636 times)

Offline rowan broadbent

NEW ! 32026 Pfalz D.IIIa of Jasta 30
« on: October 19, 2013, 12:20:17 AM »
This subject was announced some years ago but we have been holding back, in the hope of a rumoured new book on Jasta 30 being published. There is still no sign of the book so we have decided to take the plunge with the information currently available.

Compared to the original announcement, there are a few fewer options. This is to keep the price down (originally announced as £17.50) and in recognition that in 32nd scale multiple models of the same kit are less likely to be built than in other scales. The grey striped and lozenge-winged option will appear a little later as a limited edition set with the aim of including tailored lozenge decals from Richard and Harry at Aviattic for the wings, as part of the package. More on that in due course.

The highly attractive sextet of options is as follows:

Decal sheet is a full A4 in size:

We expect these decals before we leave for Telford next month and they will be on sale at the show. If you wish to pre-order  (and have not already registered your interest in the set) please email us at:

[email protected]

Price will be £12.75 plus P&P at the usual rates.
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: NEW ! 32026 Pfalz D.IIIa of Jasta 30
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 01:23:59 AM »
Nice!  These should be very popular, Rowan.  Best of luck at Telford, mate.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 01:59:59 AM »
Nice!  These should be very popular, Rowan.  Best of luck at Telford, mate.
Cheers,
Bud

Cheers Bud, sorry you won't be there.

Busily building two Wingnuts D.VIIs (one Jasta 18 Alb-built and one D.VIIF in the chequered "Mimmi" scheme) and a WNW Pfalz (to be done in one of the new Jasta 30 schemes, if I have the time) for display at the show to showcase our latest decs and the Aviattic lozenge on the D.VIIs. All straight from the box and a bit more rushed than I'd like but at least I'm building something again!! My pal John K-T (who helps out at the show) is building a Hannover for the stand as well, so our table is going to be a bit crowded (if everything gets done...). Richard and Harry are berthed alongside with the Aviattic stand and they're putting together one or two models as well, so we should have a nice little WWI ghetto in hall 1.

Leonard Cohen

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 02:29:15 AM »
Wow, Rowan!  You do have your hands full!  3 models in 3 weeks?!  So, I reckon it's safe to say that the Hanriot sheet won't be done before then. ;) :-X 
Sure wish I could be there to see the display.  I'm afraid I couldn't manage both Telford and the C&C show in Bedford on funds available.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Vladimir Ziska

• Nordland Models
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 04:15:34 AM »
Hello Rowan,

I prepare big money for Telford, please 3x reservation.

Cheers,

Vladimir

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 06:26:23 AM »

Look forward to meeting you in Telford !

ED
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 02:07:04 PM »
Wow, Rowan!  You do have your hands full!  3 models in 3 weeks?!  So, I reckon it's safe to say that the Hanriot sheet won't be done before then. ;) :-X 
Sure wish I could be there to see the display.  I'm afraid I couldn't manage both Telford and the C&C show in Bedford on funds available.
Cheers,
Bud

Not quite that quick - the Jasta 18 job I've been working on for a couple of weeks or so and is almost done and Mimmi is well on the way. The Pfalz is in the early stages so depending on when I get the decals it might or might not make it.... The D.VII has been a complete joy to build - I'll post some pics soon - very much a quick build from the box  - just some modified nose panels - added louvres and cooling cut-outs - Master guns and our markings for Müller's one. Love the 48th one you're doing in Monnington's rig.

Hello Rowan,

I prepare big money for Telford, please 3x reservation.

Cheers,

Vladimir

Will do, Vladimir. Like the sound of that!!

Look forward to meeting you in Telford !

ED

It will be great to see you, Ed. I've always been a fan of you're inspirational Dr.I builds and it will be an honour to finally meet up. Is this your first Telford? you won't be sorry you made the trip, it promises to be better than ever this year.

Rowan

Leonard Cohen

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 05:38:50 PM »
Hello Rowan,

I'm planning on being there too.. I'll pop by and say hello  ;)

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline drdave

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 06:34:15 PM »
If I could have made it to Telford I would have brought some pheon finished models along. Are you going to Yeovilton next weekend perchance?

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 12:45:04 AM »
I'll post some pics soon
I am pretty sure that those pictures will help selling your new set of decals enormously.

Stefan

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 10:52:27 AM »
Beautiful set of decals Rowan, I have the Pfalz in my stash so these decals have been earmarked. I would love so much to get to Telford but distance is a bit of a worry (half way around the world)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Vladimir Ziska

• Nordland Models
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 06:28:48 AM »
Hello Rowan,

I send new order for Telford by e-mail.

Cheers,

Vladimir

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 04:31:24 AM »

Hello Rowan,

Thank you for the very fine compliments and likewise an honor to meet you. 

Yes, it will be my 1st Telford, and I will have an entry or 2 (no Dr.I's, but something I'm sure you'll enjoy) to peruse with the Mk I eyeball rather than just a photo.

See you soon.

ED
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.