Author Topic: Visit with Bud (Coyote Magic) Pearson  (Read 894 times)

Offline mgunns

Visit with Bud (Coyote Magic) Pearson
« on: October 15, 2013, 09:16:20 AM »
Greetings all:  In September I had the opportunity to drive up to Ione California and meet Bud Pearson, a.k.a. Coyote Magic.  Had a nice visit, albeit too short, met Bud, saw the stash, his models and bench.  Got to meet his grand child and daughter and he got to meet my bride.  We had a good time and a nice visit with Bud.  It is always nice to meet people in person that you see on the forums.  Bud's a great guy and our visit was way too short.  My wife snapped a picture of us and the grand son in front of Bud's house in Ione.  He lives on a Golf Course!!!  How sweet is that?

We are looking forward to heading out to California to visit the inlaws in February and hope to be able to hook up with Bud again.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline IFF1418

Re: Visit with Bud (Coyote Magic) Pearson
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 04:53:44 PM »
Two great modellers, two great and nice people to know.

Kind regards

Patrick

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 10:15:56 PM »
Hmmm...models and on a golf course???  Egad, Bud's in Heaven!
Glad you were able to get together, Mark! 8)

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

mike in calif

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 11:58:30 PM »
Sounds like a grand trip. Always good to meet fellow forumites. Did you find anything in the stash that you want to build?? ;)

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 12:06:16 AM »
Hi Mark,
Did you travel by Harley Davidson?  :P

Looking good, boys  8)

VB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline mgunns

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 08:23:15 AM »
Greetings all:

Thanks for the kind words.  Saw lots of stuff in the stash that I would like to build, the thing is Bud's stash is like mine, full of stuff we want to build.
Didn't ride the Harley there Bob, not enough time, one of these days.  I hope to retire soon and move back out to California, will see; in the meantime, winter gives me the time to work on the hobby.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 08:49:59 AM »
Mark, I'm really delighted that you were able to make it out into the boonies for a visit, albeit a short one.  We'll have to do it again when we can hang out a bit longer.  Guys, Mark drove a very long way, 'bout 80 miles or so, just to visit me while on his anniversary vacation, so I'm truly honored.  During our visit, I discovered that I had erred in referring to him as "Gunny" here on the forum a time or two.  Imagine my chagrin in finding that he had retired as a Master Gunnery Sergeant!  He is such a nice guy, he didn't even make me do extra PT.
I always enjoy meeting fellow forumites and I'm hoping to meet a few more of you at the Cross & Cockade seminar at Bedford in June.  Should be a blast.  Festivities will include a Shuttleworth flying day.
Hmmm...models and on a golf course???  Egad, Bud's in Heaven!
Glad you were able to get together, Mark! 8)

Cheers,
Ernie :)
I know, huh?!  And I don't even play golf!  Almost seems like a waste, but I do have a spectacular back yard.
Thanks so much for you kind comments, guys.
This "merry band" is the best.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence