Author Topic: An idea for a small competition  (Read 1072 times)

Offline xmald

An idea for a small competition
« on: October 14, 2013, 03:19:27 AM »
Hello, in of the forums I`m active on, every week there is a photo competition. I`ll try to explain the way it works:
Every user can propose the pic he likes from either under construction or completed models section for the competition.
The first phase is the photo of the week later the four pictures of the week compete to get the title of the picture of the month and finally from those pics of the month one is chosen as a pic of the year. All users are permitted to vote and to propose the pics they like for the pic of the week. The prize in each step of the competition is very simple - the winning picture is posted on the main page along with the link to the thread they are from.
What do you think about this idea?
Of course it all depends on whether Des likes the idea, and also is it possible to do it. It would also make the lives of admins a little bit harder due to extra work on posting those pics...
Once again I would like to thank Des for this website - it`s absolutely a dream that came true! ;D
Best regards
Filip

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: An idea for a small competition
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »
Thanks Filip for your suggestion for the photo competition, it has merit but I would not have the time available to run the competition. I am at present running this forum, running my own website and trying to build models all at the same time, plus life gets in the way quite frequently. I will keep this suggestion on board and if circumstances change I will certainly reconsider.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com