Author Topic: Book “Black Fokker Leader"  (Read 3766 times)

Offline Maxfinn

• MaxModels
Re: Book “Black Fokker Leader"
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 12:13:49 AM »
Indeed, I also very much enjoyed reading Black Fokker Leader.  A great biography, and some fantastic photo's.

I then went running to Pheon and ordered Rowan's decals for Degelow in both 1/48 and 1/72.

Mike
Mike Moore
I just love building models!

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 01:04:40 AM »
Hello Mike,

I hear you on that and have been thinking that if I ordered WnW's Pflaz D.IIIa I would also order their "Flying Circus Part 2" decals which has Degelow's markings with the Stag.

Paddy
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline GHE

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 02:53:40 AM »
Thanks for the good tip!
Black Fokker Leader is a must!

Gunther
LZeppelin rocks!

Offline GHE

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:25 PM »
Meine Herren !

BLACK FOKKER LEADER  is a must !
It gives really professional insight without any swagger how the air war was fought .

I'm reading it at the moment and Kilduff did a stunning work !

Horrido!  Gunther

.... just finished it - every page was informative and interesting; not a single boring page!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:41:27 AM by GHE »
LZeppelin rocks!

WarrenD

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 02:17:09 AM »
I purchased a copy of Kilduff's first bio on Degelow some time back. Definitely my favorite German pilot of the time period, I definitely need to get the second iteration of this by Kilduff. A friend of mine on the WWI Modeling List produced a set of Jasta 40s decals some years back, and I snatched them up dreaming that I would do a 1/72nd scale "line up" to recreate the squadron. I picked up Rowan's sheet as well when he produced them. Now, all I have to do is:

- decide how I'm going to deal with the Roden lower wing issue on the Fokker D.VII's (Loon Models correction or do it myself)

or

- try and find 7-8 MAC Fokker D.VII kits.  :o

Warren

Offline GHE

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 01:01:58 AM »
Meine Herren !

I already read  Black Fokker Leader and his book on M.v.Richthofen were he puts himself in the role of a journalist during WW 1
sent out to interview MvR  frequently.
Peter Kilduff's books are easy to read, entertaining, very informative and accurate in historic terms.
To get insight and overwiev on the topic of our German Air Forces in WW I they are highly recommended.

Right now I read the book on Göring; it is very interesting, since a good friend of mine - now in his eighties - went to the
same school at Ansbach and remembers stories on Göring (although what was told why Göring left school is different to
P.Kilduff's well researched info- I'll contact him on that subject) and a visit to that school in the 1940's by the Reichsmarschall.

viele Grüße, Gunther
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:31:00 AM by GHE »
LZeppelin rocks!

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 06:43:00 AM »
On all of your recommendations I just ordered this one. Looking forward to it.

Steve