Author Topic: GOTHA G.IV. QUESTION  (Read 676 times)

Offline RichO

• Retired Art Director
GOTHA G.IV. QUESTION
« on: September 08, 2013, 03:37:49 PM »
  So, I posted that I will be starting the WNW Gotha project with functional air surfaces. I have the rudder and elevator surfaces figured out, as to how the cable to the foot control and the elevator control is wired.

Now my question, dose anyone know of a reference for the aileron cable run, and where the aileron cable pulleys might be located?

I realize that there are no surviving aircraft to reference, I just can't seem to find any diagrams of the cable runs for this beast.

Thanks guys for any help,  RichO
OMG, I have finally discovered what's wrong with my brain: On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side, there is nothing left.

Offline RichO

• Retired Art Director
Re: GOTHA G.IV. QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 02:16:34 PM »
  SO I see we are all in the same boat here. No references on placement of cable pullys or cable run for the ailerons. I guess what I will do is find as many photos as I can and just wing it. LOL. The WNW kit is a solid wing anyway, it's not like I can open them up and install pullys anyway. I'm thinking of putting some small holes through the wing and faking it. I'll get it to work tho.

Thanks All, RichO
OMG, I have finally discovered what's wrong with my brain: On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side, there is nothing left.