Author Topic: Fokker Dr.1 replacement cowl by Ron Kootje  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Fokker Dr.1 replacement cowl by Ron Kootje
« on: September 05, 2013, 09:41:08 AM »
FOKKER DR.1 REPLACEMENT COWL IN 1:32 SCALE

FROM - RON KOOTJE

FIRST LOOK REVIEW BY DES DELATORRE

Ron has made available a new product to suit the 1:32 scale Fokker Dr.1, a replacement engine cowl. The cowl arrived to me packed within a very strong plastic box and proteced by thin pieces of foam, the lid of the box was taped closed. The cowl itself is very well cast and is very crisp and clean, no clean-up was required at all.

The rivets are depiced around the face of the cowl but on my example some of the rivets where not visible, in a case like this it would be a simple matter to remove the remaining rivets by light sanding. The rivets that are visible are very good and appear to be in scale. The thickness of the cowl is very near scale, it is thin and will really look the part once fitted to a model.

The detail around the rear of the cowl is excellent and allows the modeler to fit the cowl retaining wire, a very nice finishing touch and well executed by Ron.

On my particular sample item the front of the cowl is bent inwards, this I believe was caused by the foam packing material being a very tight fit inside the plastic box and putting pressure on the face of the cowl.

POSITIVES

A very well moulded replacement cowl.

NEGATIVES

Some of the rivets were missing and the front face of the cowl was bent inwards

PRICE

6€ plus 0.75€ paypal fees plus 4.50€ shipping

STOCKIST

Available from [email protected]

PAYMENT

All payments via paypal

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Review sample suppled by Ron Kootje