Author Topic: Gentleman needs help  (Read 754 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Gentleman needs help
« on: August 26, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »
Received an email today from Colin Shearer in Norfolk asking for assistance in an exhibition he is staging next year. He was unaware that I live in Australia so logistics would make it impossible for me to help, but if anyone in England can offer any type of help for this gentleman please contact him on this email adress;

[email protected]

Below is a copy of his email to me, please help if you can, this sounds like a very worthy cause.

Des.

Dear Sir,

Please forgive me for contacting you by E mail but I just wanted to know if you might be able to help with a project for 2014.

My name is Colin Shearer and I am the collections and security manager at Holkham Hall, a stately home in Norfolk. Next year we will be staging a small exhibition about WW1 and its impact on the local area, one of the ideas is to have aircraft and Zeppelins of the period suspended as if in flight from the ceilings.

As I do not have the necessary time to build lots of kits I wondered if you or someone you know of in the modelling world might be willing to loan some completed models which we could either display as in flight or inside a display case. I will be purchasing a few 1/72 model but would really like to have some larger scale models on show, the bigger the better.

Please do look at our website at www.holkham.co.uk and if interested or can help in any way please do get in touch.

Kind regards

Colin Shearer
Collections and Security Manager
Holkham Hall
Norfolk
NR23 1AB
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com