Author Topic: German oxygen equipment and other fittings  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
Re: German oxygen equipment and other fittings
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 02:17:34 PM »
If the constraint is maximum kb size there are a couple of things you can do. Compress the image. Too much of course and you will get 'noise' which degrades the image. Most image editing software will have an option to control this. Another thing you can do is 'clean' the file to remove EXIF meta data (camera details, fstop, shutter speed etc). Surprising how the file size can be reduced.
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline David

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 10:40:17 AM »
Take two.  I posted a reply yesterday, at least I thought I did but it does not seem to have been posted for some reason.  I will try again.  Here is a URL from Snapfish.  I found it on my computer desktop and it seems to be the same thing as the other photo hosting sites mentioned.  Let's hope it works this time.

http://www4.snapfish.com.au/snapfishau/fe/l=en_AU/p/Organizer/AlbumID=8854685018/s_c=0/s_mvm=NAP/s_se=FDR/s_cmpg=hp_notebook_desktopicon_2012_au#state=%7B%22pl%22%3A%7B%22uc%22%3A2%2C%22aid%22%3A8854685018%2C%22pid%22%3A337794106018%2C%22pidx%22%3A0%2C%22vp%22%3A%22s%22%2C%22sb%22%3A5%7D%2C%22ovm%22%3A%7B%22v%22%3A%22s%22%7D%7D

Offline David

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »
Thanks very much for the e-mail Des.  I found an icon on my desktop - it's a fairly new computer and I am still getting used to it - named Snapfish, and it seems to do the same thing.  I will investigate the other web hosting services at some time, but I will see if Snapfish does the job.  As with most images I find on the internet I often obtain multiple copies.  The reason for this is that occasionally it is possible to obtain a better, sharper copy, or perhaps even though the photos look identical they could be slightly different to each other.  I have uploaded two versions of the photo I had in mind.  They seem to be the same photo, although the colour is slightly different, and they have been framed slightly differently to each other.

Edit - 1st September 2013.  I've just realised that I posted this reply in another thread!  :-[  Oooops!  Anyway, I hope the photo is of interest to some members here.  I was certainly impressed with the quality of the photo and the subject shown in it.  There are many such photos for sale on eBay on a regular basis, as well as other sites I am sure.  It's a lot of work to look for them though, and when buying such photos the cost certainly adds up quite quickly if you're not careful.

Thank you very much for the advice about file compression James.  I am surprised that digital images can be cleaned up.  It sounds like a bit of an art, and worth having a look at some time.

Regards,

David.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:47:50 AM by David »