Author Topic: WNW DVII  (Read 6995 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: WNW DVII
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 12:57:21 AM »
Great work. Im going to watch this one closely!!

Steve

Offline mgunns

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 02:04:19 AM »
Hello Kreston:

I am looking forward to seeing your figures and your progress on this kit.  What markings are you going to do it in?

Mine is presently stalled on the bench.  One of these days.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Kreston

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 03:26:54 AM »
I am modeling Josef Jacobs DVII before it was painted all black.
I shall never forget my admiration for that German pilot, who single handed, fought seven of us for ten minutes. I saw him go into a fairly steep dive and so I continued to watch, and then saw the triplane hit the ground and disappear into a thousand fragments...James McCudden

Offline Zabu

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 07:41:31 AM »
Trully amazing Kreston.

Very nice work from you.

Cheers.

Offline Kreston

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2013, 11:24:34 AM »
A bit more progress...

I have added some oil washes to the lower wing using Sepia and Burnt Umber.  I have kept them very subtle.  Fuselage has received first coat of black with the metal parts being slightly darker than the fabric.  I will gloss coat, add the God of the North Wind decals and weather and then move on.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:04:09 PM by Kreston »
I shall never forget my admiration for that German pilot, who single handed, fought seven of us for ten minutes. I saw him go into a fairly steep dive and so I continued to watch, and then saw the triplane hit the ground and disappear into a thousand fragments...James McCudden

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 12:51:08 AM »
Very dramatic looking bird!!!

Steve

Offline Kreston

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 10:11:19 AM »
I added the crosses to the upper wing.  These are from the Wingnut kit applied over the Aviattic lozenge.  They went down without a problem and I didn't use a setting solution.  I did hit them with a hairdryer for about a minute and they hugged right down.  I applied a glosscote and added oil washes (Sepia and Burnt Umber).  They are very subtle but do a nice job of knocking down the white on the crosses.  I am very pleased with the Aviattic lozenge.  It has been problem free and they are very strong.  They fit wonderfully and have really held up to the washes and handling.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 11:39:55 AM »
The crosses look fantastic . Looking forward to more!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 12:58:49 AM »
I am very pleased with the Aviattic lozenge.  It has been problem free and they are very strong.  They fit wonderfully and have really held up to the washes and handling.

That's good to hear as I mull over whose set of lozenge decals to buy.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Kreston

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 06:25:05 AM »
Still early in the weathering process but I have been working with an oil color called Sepia Extra along with some Titanium White.  The Sepia is a dark gray with a bit of a brown tone.  I think it helps the black look to scale.  My intent is to have a crate that looks like it has been exposed to the elements and not factory fresh.  Still have a ways to go!

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 06:44:44 AM »
Good work, Kreston. I was wondering how black is the black going to be?
In the photos, it looks quite grey.  I'm assuming it is in fact a bit darker?
Thanks for the update...looking forward to the next one.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Kreston

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 08:02:30 AM »
Yes, it looks quite gray in the photos.  In reality it is more of a dark charcoal gray.

Offline Kreston

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 06:29:51 AM »
Applying the God of the North Wind.  This decal required a lot of work to apply and some touch up around the edges will keep me busy!  I will let it dry and then shoot it with a glosscote and do some touchups with oil paint.

Offline quentin

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2013, 08:12:18 AM »
Very great job!
WNW kits look very good and detailled interior is quite best than on Roden models.

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 08:49:26 PM »
Looking very sharp!!

Steve