Author Topic: My latest build  (Read 4686 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
My latest build
« on: May 03, 2012, 05:11:23 AM »
Thought I`d post my latest which was completed last month. I want to verify the photo posting process and, if succesful, will follow up with a few more from my case.
This is the WNW SE5a modified to James McCudden`s 4891 with the True Details Conversion set and bits robbed from the Encore Kit. Decals a mish-mash of WNW, Pheon, and spares.

And the cockpit with full flight control cables and various other scratchbuilt additions.

I build exclusively in 1:32 now as a concession to age induced fat fingers and `the arms too short to see good`syndrome. Hope this gets thru.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: My latest build
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 05:47:18 AM »
  Lance,
It was great to follow your build thread over at Aeroscale. You work on the SE-5a is just as outstanding here as it was there.Congratulations my friend for one awesome project.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: My latest build-more photos
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 06:09:37 AM »
So there I was, previewing the second part of this and "bang', power bump and 2-3 second outage. Needless to say, I'll try again.
   This is Roden's DRI in MVR's 152/17 colors. Heine prop hand carved, decals from everywhere except the box (Including Pheon's excellent sheet) and lots of add-ons inside.

And the prop:

Last, a shot of initial WIP in the cockpit, don't mind the dust bits and dog hair!

I have two others to follow if you can stand them!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 06:21:19 AM »
Stand them!?!!!!!!!!!

Get your finger out and get posting!   :D
Excellent Se & Dr

Thanks for sharing.
Von Buckle  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 07:21:05 AM »
Bring them on, please.! :)

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 07:42:15 AM »
Excellent!!!!

The standard of builds on show recently are just great.   The standard of your detail work is superb.

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 08:39:01 AM »
Thanks you Guys. Reality checks and confidence builders are so important in this hobby. Hey Von Buckle!......the "SE" has your DNA on it; your buckles have been a true boon to my efforts and there must be "hundreds" of the little beauties on her.
I'll try to get some photos of the Pup off shortly.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 08:43:22 AM »
Very nice work here. Having just finished my own Dr.I, I can appreciate the extra work you've put into yours. Your streaking looks extremely good.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 09:05:33 AM »
So here's Nick Carter's Pup. WNW's Naval version with Pheon Decals. Nose colour done in red vs. black after a lot of research.

and a shot of the cockpit during construction. This is by far the best kit I have ever had the pleasure to work on, just enjoyed her immensly from start to finish!

I have one other in the new 1:32 collection, will post it later.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 09:34:07 AM »
Outstanding, Lance!  Gorgeous collection, you've got there.  I'm especially delighted to see McCudden's B4891 with the '6'.  Most people do 'G'.  I like this incarnation better.  It's how I intend to do my 1/48 Roden Hisso.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 09:45:22 AM »
  Lance,
Outstanding Fokker Tripe and Sopwith Pup my friend. Great to see these wonderful kites again.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 09:49:22 AM »
Very nicely done!!!

Steve

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 12:17:27 PM »
Here's the forth and last that presently make up my "new" collection. The Roden Alb. DIII in Berthold's colours with Jasta 14 in early 1917. It was my first 1:32 project and turned into a long haul. Following lots of "self induced" fit problems and several disasters later she turned out pretty good. It's a good kit however takes a lot of attention and forethought. A lot of "firsts" for me on this one: first 1;32, first attempt at woodgrain, first time to try the old "hairspray chipping and weathering" trick and the list goes on. Lots of research required (especially on flight control rigging/layout)as well however the INet and great advice from members of another site saved the day.
   Here she is a year ago when completed:

Three quarter front and a side shot:

And a shot of the interior prior to buttoning her up:

So that's all for now; my present project is the WNW Albatros DV in Kurt Monnington's all black scheme for a GB on Aeroscale.. Going very slowly at present but overall well, I'll post a few photos when she's done.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Maxfinn

• MaxModels
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 01:33:21 PM »
Great stuff Lance!

The pup will look great with the flight helmet next to it.

Mike
Mike Moore
I just love building models!

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 01:43:25 PM »
All four models are truely excellent Lance, your attention to detail and overall finish on all models is superb, very well done and thanks for sharing.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com