Author Topic: I Just Picked Up A Jenny  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Chris Johnson

I Just Picked Up A Jenny
« on: July 24, 2013, 11:56:48 PM »
Well, she's a Brittany Spaniel named Jenny, but a 'Jenny' nevertheless! She's nine weeks old today and a real little hellion. She has two speeds: balls to the wall and dead stop, and she's pooping me out trying to keep up with her.

Needless to say, my modelling activities will be severely curtailed for the next while. As I write this, she's sleeping beside me, recharging her batteries, so I'll use these interludes to stay in touch.

Cheers,

Chris

You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline IvotB

Re: I Just Picked Up A Jenny
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 12:15:49 AM »
Chris,

She looks a beauty in the dead stop mode  ;)

Just be happy it's not a cat. Then it wouldn't be balls to the wall, but across the wallpaper, ceiling and curtains as well ;D

regards,
Ivo

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 02:05:13 AM »
She's adorable, Chris.  Brittanies are such sweet creatures.  Speaking of pooping, have you got her house broke yet?  That's the fun part of having a puppy.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline JoeDxMB

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 05:14:42 AM »
Cute dog..
I wish I had one (again) but, I presently live in an apartment.

BTW, I  believe the original  saying is  "Balls out" but, somewhere along the line it got changed to "Balls to the wall".
I guess the alteration sounds better and it gives the original mechanical meaning  a non "puritan"  meaning that some like. :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:16:44 AM by JoeDxMB »

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 05:32:11 AM »
Cute dog..

BTW, I  believe the original  saying is  "Balls out" but, somewhere along the line it got changed to "Balls to the wall".
I guess the alteration sounds better and it gives the original mechanical meaning  a non "puritan"  meaning that some like. :)
Chris is Canadian, Joe.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  They just do things a little differently up there. ;)
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 05:38:06 AM »
A fine looking pup Chris!! I dont run now as mine get under foot....

Steve

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 07:01:33 AM »
She's a cutie Chris.  Got that "now what can I get into?" look
in her eyes. 

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline JoeDxMB

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 08:41:08 AM »
Cute dog..

Chris is Canadian, Joe.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  They just do things a little differently up there. ;)
Cheers,
Bud

They now  say "balls to the wall" here in the US also, I did not even realize Chris  is from Canada.

The only reason why I mentioned it is because ball governors were  common during the WWI era. :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:48:08 AM by JoeDxMB »

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 08:46:41 AM »
He hides it well, bless his heart (until the subject of Bishop's decals comes up).
Cheers,
Bud

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »
You had me going for a moment there Chris!  I was expecting a Curtiss. ;D  She's a sweetie.  Good luck!

Regards,

Bob

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 12:14:36 PM »
Nice pup, Chris! You going to hunt with her? We've got some great upland hunting out here if you're ever out west.

LT

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 12:15:14 PM »

He hides it well, bless his heart (until the subject of Bishop's decals comes up).
Cheers,
Bud

;D ;D ;D

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 01:29:29 PM »
Cheers,
Bud

;D ;D ;D
Sorry.  I meant, Barker's. :-[
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 12:42:36 AM »
She's adorable, Chris.  Brittanies are such sweet creatures.  Speaking of pooping, have you got her house broke yet?  That's the fun part of having a puppy.

You know, she's never once crapped in the house but she still makes mistakes when it comes to the other. Either she just hasn't figured it out, she doesn't have full control yet, or she's playing with my head. I suspect it's the latter as she has me tied to the kitchen table all day long watching her and trying to figure out when she's about to squat. I guess she'll get me trained eventually.  ;D

Nice pup, Chris! You going to hunt with her? We've got some great upland hunting out here if you're ever out west.

Naw, I'm not a hunter but I like to take long walks daily and I'm hoping she'll be a good companion. She seems a little obstinate right now about heeling, but my wife will tell you that it took considerable time and investment to get me to mind her too.  ;)

Cheers,

Chris

You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline David

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 04:26:43 AM »
Hi Chris,

You certainly had me going too!  Not a JN4 Jenny but what a cutie!  You are right, they have us wrapped around our little fingers!  I have a mad kelpie (an Australian cattle dog) and everyone thinks she is so cute, but I know her better than that!  ;D  She is a nice dog but very smart, and she thinks she can outsmart me!

Thank you very much for posting the photo Chris, she is a gorgeous pup!

Cheers,

David.