Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 377435 times)

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #705 on: September 23, 2014, 11:57:54 PM »
Thanks for the tips fellas! As I mentioned, these are new to me so I can definitely prosper from your experience with them.

Also -- the grain should always run fore and aft -- they have some panels with the grain running up and down, which is not correct. If you care.

That's definitely good to know!

. . . I'll have to rotate the decals, or maybe replace the wrongly orientated decals if they don't fit after rotating.

Yikes! I hadn't thought of that. Is there enough material to allow the modeller to do that? It may be that I'm forced to follow the installation pattern as laid out; right or wrong.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #706 on: September 24, 2014, 02:32:43 AM »
Chris -- I have a piece of their "tester" woodgrain stuff that comes with the D.V deluxe set -- I think its the same pattern(?) -- enough for about two panels I think; I am happy to send it to you....

Thanks Bo. I'd better wait until I actually start to build the kit to see if it's needed though. I'll definitely keep it in mind so don't be surprised if I come knocking at your door, in an internet manner of speaking that is!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #707 on: September 24, 2014, 03:45:15 AM »
So I guess a DV or DVa is coming along after the Salmson?

As luck and good planning would have it, the mail lady just dropped off the following to add to my ever growing stash. You guys get me worried when I see an early (and popular) release that I don't have, so I thought it best to pull the trigger on these two.

So it looks good for a D.Va build Rick.

Cheers,

Chris

Offline Hannover

« Reply #708 on: September 24, 2014, 04:24:43 AM »
WNW kit number 41 added to my stash - Albatros D.Va (OAW). Very good price, ie cheaper than WNW direct and from a UK source!

Hopefully ordering one of the DFW kits in a couple of weeks.

P

Offline Hannover

« Reply #709 on: September 24, 2014, 06:49:17 AM »
WNW kit number 41 added to my stash - Albatros D.Va (OAW). Very good price, ie cheaper than WNW direct and from a UK source!

P

I assume the UK source is selling at a loss?

Someone made a loss. I bought it from a dealer so presumably the individual the dealer got it from made the loss. Quite a big one no doubt as the dealer would have had to make his margin.

P

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #710 on: September 24, 2014, 10:22:28 AM »
Another kit to add to my stash, I now have the family of Eindeckers, the E.I, the E.III and now the E.IV

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #711 on: September 24, 2014, 11:35:06 AM »
I'm also somewhat nervous about the Albatros. I may have to just get one more.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline gcn

« Reply #712 on: September 24, 2014, 05:54:05 PM »

P

Can I ask where did you get it from ?

I can't imagine they will sell out of the Albatros ever, it's their bread and butter model along with the D.vii and the Camel when it gets here. My view is once they sell out of those they're closing.

I'd be looking at the more esoteric 2 seaters in their range first

Offline Hannover

« Reply #713 on: September 24, 2014, 11:27:14 PM »

P

Can I ask where did you get it from ?

I can't imagine they will sell out of the Albatros ever, it's their bread and butter model along with the D.vii and the Camel when it gets here. My view is once they sell out of those they're closing.

I'd be looking at the more esoteric 2 seaters in their range first

Of course you can. Came from KingKit in the UK. The other WNW kits they have in stock are shown here http://www.kingkit.co.uk/search.php
They are good to deal with, and delivery was quick.

HTH  P

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #714 on: September 25, 2014, 12:31:43 AM »
My money is on the J.I selling out next.

Argh! Don't tell me that. I'm so impulsive that I'm apt to place a third order this month. Come to think of it, there is that one in Canada which gives me a Canadian connection . . . See how I start to rationalize things???

Cheers,

Chris

Offline gcn

« Reply #715 on: September 25, 2014, 01:02:35 AM »

Of course you can. Came from KingKit in the UK. The other WNW kits they have in stock are shown here http://www.kingkit.co.uk/search.php
They are good to deal with, and delivery was quick.

HTH  P

Thanks for that.

Some of their pricing seems strange £70 for an Albatros D.v but £54 for the D.va

That Bristol is a bit toppy at £100 as well

but its good to know of another source of kits in the UK if the dreaded sold out sign appears

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #716 on: September 25, 2014, 04:35:29 AM »
Congrats to all of the latest modelers on the additions to their stash! Chris, I am looking forward to you using the wood and that Albie kit :-)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #717 on: September 25, 2014, 05:59:32 AM »
Another kit to add to my stash, I now have the family of Eindeckers, the E.I, the E.III and now the E.IV

It'll be interesting to see how you'll do your squiggles.

Cheers,

Chris

Offline radio

« Reply #718 on: September 26, 2014, 06:22:51 AM »
Some new part buy today and one build at once for my worksbench.
Martin

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #719 on: September 28, 2014, 08:36:55 AM »
All,

My latest order from WNW - received in just over two weeks to the UK which I thought was pretty good. 

Looking forward to building these after my Albie DV

Any build pitfalls to be aware of on the above?

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?