Author Topic: Status Report anyone?  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
Status Report anyone?
« on: July 15, 2013, 12:48:47 AM »
Hope all is well with you, Rowan.

Just thought I would give your topic section a bump and check to see what the status was of some of the releases that had been expected by now, such as the Wartime Snipes, the Jasta 18 Fokker D VII's, Hannovers and any thing else I may have overlooked.

Thanks in advance.
Honor Necessity

Offline Ollie

Re: Status Report anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »
I got a PayPal payment request yesterday for 32045-Jasta 18 Fokker Fighters (Alb & OAW DVII) so they must be ready or really close to it. I've been eagerly waiting for these and can't wait till they arrive.

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 03:10:55 PM »
Hope all is well with you, Rowan.

Just thought I would give your topic section a bump and check to see what the status was of some of the releases that had been expected by now, such as the Wartime Snipes, the Jasta 18 Fokker D VII's, Hannovers and any thing else I may have overlooked.

Thanks in advance.
Post war Snipes and Hannover sets are both available now and have already been reviewed on this site (by me  :) )
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 05:27:42 PM »
Hello Eric,

All is well, we're enjoying the recently arrived summer!  Nice to have some sun after all the rain - though it was getting a bit extreme yesterday: 37º under the umbrella and I left the digital thermometer on a windowsill in the sun for an hour and its screen went black.... as it cooled down back in the shade, the LCD display cleared and it just said "Hi", whether that was a salutation or an indication that its number supply didn't go high enough, I don't know!

As James says, the Hannover (32042) and post war Snipes (32043) have been available for a little while and the Jasta 18 Fokkers (32045) are just available now. The Wartime Snipes and captured D.VIIs (32044) will be ready very soon - I'm hoping to get the booklet finished in the next day or two and Sabine will be contacting everyone who has pre-orders outstanding then. Eric, your order was for all four and I think we were waiting for the last one to be available before contacting you as you had asked for all to be sent at the same time to save on postage costs. Review copies of 32045 are also going out today.

Sorry for the delays on these ones. As usual, it is the writing which holds them up - it's the only aspect of producing these sets which I don't enjoy actually doing (though the finished result usually gives a warm feeling); I know that many people enjoy reading the scribbles and it is one of the things which sets us aside from many other decal producers but I am absolutely paranoid about getting this aspect wrong in any detail and I get hit with a consequent paralysis when the time comes to sit down and apply myself to the task. Well, that and inherent laziness.... So, sorry again, I'll get on with it now!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:32:01 PM by rowan broadbent »
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 02:54:20 AM »
Thanks, Rowan, for the update.  You are quite right about how I requested my order.  I will keep a keen lookout for the paypal request, which, I would suspect, will be forthcoming in the near future.

As for the reviews, Jamo, guess I had better do a much better job of looking over the entirety of this site so as to be much more aware of developments. :o
Honor Necessity

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 05:27:06 AM »
Link to the Hannover decal review:
http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=2018.0

Link to the Post-war Snipes decal review:
http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=2016.0

Cheers
James