2 (2.5%)
400 - 500
3 (3.7%)
500 +
3 (3.7%)
over 1000
3 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: POLL - How big is your stash?  (Read 4889 times)

Offline Rob Hart

Re: POLL - How big is your stash?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 12:44:48 PM »
I vote for the Deperdussin.

Offline JoeDxMB

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 01:04:09 PM »
^ ^ ^
Actually,  I was thinking of that as it would be a quick, easy build and the last of the old  Pyro models I  have 
It almost  all CDL with few parts and  relatively  easy rigging, etc .

I need something quick and easy  after the  Bleriot  is done.   :)

There is something elegant about this fragile little  aircraft.
http://youtu.be/sU34wHlCM4Y
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:32:36 AM by JoeDxMB »

Offline Fred

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 01:04:52 PM »
I will guess at about 100 give or take... i might do an inventory to be sure... problem is i keep aquiring more and more...shhh don't tell the wife!! :-X
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
— Gen. James N. Mattis USMC

mike in calif

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 03:55:07 PM »
I'm in at 275-300 of all types: planes, tanks, softskins, cars, sci-fi, ships, classic horror, figures, egg planes....

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »
Near as I can figure, I'm close to 400 after I culled the stash in the basement and threw out a ton of old kits last spring. My collection is mostly AFVs. The following shelf is two deep in AFVs with some cars and aircraft too.

This one is just more AFVs under one of my work benches with that cool Arado floatplane kit too. I'm a bit of an impulse buyer.

These are the majority of my aircraft kits and as you can see I'm relatively new to winged things.

Cheers,

Chris
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:57:24 PM by Chris Johnson »
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 01:49:55 AM »
I don't actually know but I do know if SWMBO conquered her fear of spiders and stuck her head through the loft hatch I'd get my marching orders no doubt ::)

Scores of *in progress8 a few unstarted and a sea of abandoned builds in all kinds of genres from large scale figures to Viking ships.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 02:15:06 AM »
Ditto Keith! ;D.  There's lots of contraband in my garage attic. ;). Fortunately for me, SWMBO doesn't climb the ladder to get up there!

Regards,

Bob

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 04:38:41 AM »
@180, all WWI and all 1/48 with the exception of 6 WNW kits.  I'm 64 and, unlike Joe, I believe that I can't die as long as there are still kits in my stash.  Sort of a variation on the Winchester Mansion story.  I think I enjoy collecting them nearly as much as building them.  My wife has graciously given me the entire closet in our hobby room and I keep finding ways to pack more in.

Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 07:43:56 AM »
Up till a couple of years ago I managed to keep my stash under 10 pieces. In the recent years my production rate dropped but I am still happy to be below 20, counting some items I will most probably never touch. The surely-to-be-built stash includes:
1/72:
Albatros D.II
Fokker Dr.I
Aviatik D.I Berg
Bristol Scout
1/32:
DH2
and Sopwith Triplane on the bench.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 01:04:21 PM »
Nice pics Bud and Chris.
Bud, it looks like you could cram a lot more in there!!
My stash lives in a large plastic box along with other personal stuff and currently lives underneath a whole other stuff...... :'(

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 04:44:13 AM »
Well, this has been a sobering exercise. And useful (thanks!).
165, which was a little more than I was hoping for. It's not that I don't appreciate kits in their own right - isn't it great, just browsing through a box these days? But I don't have so much space that I can be carefree with it. And as so many have written here, age will eventually become an issue.

The funny thing is, that many of the purchases spun off from a desire to actually start working through what I already had: I thought up a few projects, namely a couple of layouts (a mid-40s German 'civil' airfield, and a 60s Soviet one, ie. basically the same German looking one with the kits swapped round); various small displays I should really call vignettes; and a series of 32 scale WWI 'planes of famous pilots'. But as you can imagine, most of these entailed getting a lot more models eg. extra MiG 21s, a fuel truck to go with the 0/400 (this scene will definitely happen), a Model T ambulance to go with the American DH4... and a variety of figures to flesh it all out.

In my imagination, it all looks wonderful. I've just got to hold off getting any more for a while. Until I clear some space by getting some of these built :) The one blessing is, almost to my surprise, is that I've given a lot as gifts and people have really liked them. I think it's because they're biplanes, they have a certain weird appeal even for non-plane nuts.

Mark

Offline miecio52

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 02:20:56 PM »
 :) :) Coyotemagic, I like your positive thinking.
Regards
 Mietek
 IPMS Poland / Silesia

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 07:22:29 AM »
While we were in the work shop I turned to my 11 yr old son and, like a land baron sweeping his arm across the horizon, said "One of these days son this will all be yours" Im not sure if he was impressed....

Steve

Offline Zabu

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 08:49:42 AM »
While we were in the work shop I turned to my 11 yr old son and, like a land baron sweeping his arm across the horizon, said "One of these days son this will all be yours" Im not sure if he was impressed....

Steve

hahahahaha  ;D ;D ;D!

Dekenba

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 11:04:44 AM »
112, all 1/32 aeroplanes, all pre 1946 subjects.

Around 32 WWI kits, 2 or 3 interwar planes and the rest WWII. I've also tons of associated AM, including Eduard BigEd sets, HGW detail sets, gun barrels, cockpits, decals, etc, etc.

German planes are the largest part of the stash, not from any planning but because they had great camo schemes in both wars. WNW, Trumpeter, Hasegawa, Revell, Roden, Special Hobby, Azur, Tamiya, PCM, Encore, Eduard and Hobbyboss are the largest contributors, but I've also J Rutman, Scrathbuilders, Dragon, GMF, Craftworks, MDC, Silver Wings, Academy, & HK Models kits in the stash.

Latest addition is HPH's superb Walrus kit, which is also the single most expensive kit I've ever bought.

I'm thinning it all down to about a dozen kits, but it's very, very hard to decide what to let go of!!!