Author Topic: SE5A in PC12?  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Graham t

SE5A in PC12?
« on: June 16, 2013, 09:07:21 PM »
Just tried to spray the PC10 on my WNW SE5A but find BOTH the Xtracolour tins I have to be totally unusable, despite being previously unopened.  My question is, will I be totally wrong if I use my Colourcoats PC12 instead?

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: SE5A in PC12?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 04:32:26 PM »
its a general assumption that all se5a were pc-10 but anything is possible. there are many differing opinions on what pc-10 and/or pc-12 are.  most regard pc-10 to be brownish green or greenish brown if you prefer, but there are those who say its chocolate brown. pc-12 however is generally thought to be a reddish brown but there are those who say pc-12 is chocolate brown. so are they even different? i think yes, but who really knows except guys who are dead. why not add some olive green to some brown and make your own shade.its what i do. one thing all agree on is that british aero coatings of the great war varied due to the mixture(diff manufacturers mixed their own shade) and that it degraded fast so just about any shade of greenish brown could not be considered wrong.

Offline flypaper

Re: SE5A in PC12?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 01:11:57 AM »
If you have black and yellow ocher....you can mix  them to approximate a shade of PC10 which would be closer than using PC12. Not perfect but better.

Flypaper