Author Topic: my surgery  (Read 4496 times)

Offline lawman56

• What about a pointed stick?
my surgery
« on: May 27, 2013, 08:26:39 PM »
Greetings!  ;D I'd like to thank everyone for the well wishes, they were much appreciated. I returned home Saturday and just being able to sleep, undisturbed, for more than 3 hour increments, was fantastic. With any luck, I'll be at my bench in no time! Although, rumor has it, my wife has enlisted the help of my nursing school son, to ensure I get up and stretch from time to time.  ::) As soon as I'm able, I'll continue on the Roman Legionaire detail work to finish posting.

On a side note, today is Memorial Day in the US, and I plan to visit the graves if a few friends. If your country has a Memorial, Rememberance, Fallen Soldier, or any other day where you honor the sacrifices made by veterans, just keep them in yoir thoughts. Days like this are a sad reminder of how serious our modelling subject matter was at one time. I'm a combat veteran myself, yet even I can get caught up in the "new toy" craze.

By the way, thanks to by-pass surgery, I now have new fuel lines running from the fuel pump, stretched linen across my fuselage ribbing and a brand new seam stitch! :o
Joe Clark

"Illegitimi Non Carborundum"

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: my surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 12:16:59 AM »
The new plumbing will give a lot more horsepower. Glad youre on the mend. Thinking always of combat vets everywhere.

Steve
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 11:18:25 AM by pepperman42 »

Offline Rizzo

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 01:08:07 AM »
That's good to hear- hope the recovery goes well for you :)

Offline michael

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 01:16:47 AM »
good to hear Joe - hope your recovery goes to plan.

michael
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 02:42:14 AM »
Great news, Joe.  The mods will make you better than ever.  I look forward to seeing you at the bench.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 03:14:40 AM »
  Joe,
So are you now a 6 million dollar man? Wonderful hear all went well and your recovering my friend.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 08:25:31 AM »
Fantastic news Joe, great to hear the surgery went well and that you are on the road to recovery, take it easy and see you back at your bench soon.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 11:39:11 AM »
Hey, a baboon's heart is better than no heart, right?  ;)

Good to hear you're on the mend.

Lindsay

mike in calif

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »
best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 12:33:11 PM »
Missed the fact that you were going, or in for, maintenance. Glad to hear all's well, and best wishes for a speedy full recovery. As for Memorial Day and the equivilant elsewhere, I take pause often to remember those who served and often fell; I served for 37 years but never went to war, in a way thankfully. For those who did and have, I have the ultimate respect. God bless to each and all, and Thanks!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 01:43:42 AM »
Good to hear that well along the road to a full recovery!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 11:17:11 AM »
Hello Lawman:

Just now getting to this thread.  Glad that all went well and that you are on the mend.

Take care

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 10:45:43 PM »
And can I add my best wishes too for a speedy and full recovery.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline lawman56

• What about a pointed stick?
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 08:31:37 AM »
I'm happy to report that although my chest zipper has to stay in for another 10 days, I've been cleared to do anything I want, within reason of course. Silly as it may seem, I actually enjoyed mowing my yard! No worries, my models haven't suffered. After posting the Legionaire pics last week, I've been busy scratchbuilding a small work shop to go with my Albatros. I'd be happy to post that, if there's interest.

Btw-the "sickie report" idea is fantastic! However, it appears Des and I are the only sickies around!  :o
Joe Clark

"Illegitimi Non Carborundum"

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 08:49:37 AM »
Great to hear Joe, a few more months and you won't even know what happened. I'm also a member of th zipper club but mine happened back in '97.

Looking forward to seeing your scratch built workshop, I'm sure many of the members would love to see your work, just post it in the Diorama board.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com