Author Topic: WNW Albi DV engine former placement  (Read 963 times)

Offline stefanbuss

WNW Albi DV engine former placement
« on: May 10, 2013, 04:04:19 AM »
Friends,

I need your help with positioning former No. A29. This former has a small bracket on one side which is not shown in WNW's instructions. The former can be installed in two ways - a) the bracket showing forward on starboard, or b) showing backwards on larbord.

Which way of placement is correct?

Stefan

Offline Ian from Doncaster

Re: WNW Albi DV engine former placement
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 04:27:25 AM »
Can the molded bracket be seen on the finished model, and if not is the piece otherwise symmetrical?  If so, it won't matter which way round it goes?

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 05:29:57 AM »
Can't remember which way I decided I thought it went; will have a look when I get home from work...

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 09:09:17 AM »
I dont have the kit in front of me either but Im thinking if you cant see it in the instructions the diagram has it facing away from you and therefore on the larbord side.

Steve

Offline WillScarlet

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 01:31:38 PM »
  Consider where/how the bracket would come into play further along in the assembly .............. i.e., as a support for the engine; a brace against another part; attachment point for some other part; etc.

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 03:50:11 PM »
I can't recall a bracket as such but I think it slots into the engine mount to give it the correct backward lean. Check under the engine mount to see if the bracket replaces the front one of the moulded on lugs around the slot compared to the rest. I would suggest fitting the assembly into one half of the fuselage to check before cementing then doing the same while it dries. Sorry if my reply seems a bit vague though, I have one assembled but can't really see how it went together.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 09:15:45 PM »
It faces backwards, as Steve & Keith have suggested. If you put it in the other way, the motor mount will not fit correctly.