Author Topic: WNW Sopwith Snipe late version  (Read 2733 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: WNW Sopwith Snipe late version
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 10:41:45 AM »
Love the interwar shiney butterflies. Nice work on this one.

Steve

Offline bbrockel

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 12:08:15 PM »
That is one beautiful model.  Love the paint scheme.  Thanks for sharing.
Bob

"If at first you don't succeede, use a bigger hammer"

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 11:06:16 PM »
You've got yourself a beautiful Snipe there Dave. Both you and Des have commented on it being a superb kit so I'm looking forward to building both versions. I'm more than a little intimidated by these inter-war silver finishes though, especially after seeing what a great job you've done here. You've set the bar pretty high!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 05:32:20 AM »
Prez, Steve, Bob & Chris - thank you all.

Chris - I think you would be pleasantly surprised at how well this kit goes together, so you really must do this one.  You always build great models so I have faith in your ability to take on the silver painting challenge.

Regards

Dave

As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 06:54:45 AM »
Chris - If you dont already, I highly recommend you get a spray can of Chrome from that fine domestic institution and purveyor of auto parts. Its laquer but just decant it and spray. As it gets older you may have to thin it a bit. Drys fast, hard and very metallic - but not chrome as the label indicates. Normal laquer hazard protection applies.

Steve

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 11:02:41 PM »
Chris - If you dont already, I highly recommend you get a spray can of Chrome from that fine domestic institution and purveyor of auto parts. Its laquer but just decant it and spray. As it gets older you may have to thin it a bit. Drys fast, hard and very metallic - but not chrome as the label indicates. Normal laquer hazard protection applies.

Steve

Thanks for the tip Steve. I've added it to the list for my next visit to Crappy Tire. It's their brand I'm to look for, correct?

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 11:16:05 PM »
Yes CT brand. Chrome cap but the paint as you can guess is just a bright silver. Nissan silver is another good one.

Steve