Author Topic: Off to the workbench  (Read 1572 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Off to the workbench
« on: April 27, 2012, 11:30:39 PM »
Midnights are finished so off to the workbench...finishing a project for an Airfix GB....wood and fabric......but its a Hurricane....gotta get it done by May 2nd and shes built but naked.....in a bad way guys slow down......

Steve

Offline Whiteknuckles

Re: Off to the workbench
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 10:06:28 AM »
 ;)
Eternal Apprentice

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 02:57:10 AM »
Midnights are finished so off to the workbench...finishing a project for an Airfix GB....wood and fabric......but its a Hurricane....gotta get it done by May 2nd and shes built but naked.....in a bad way guys slow down......

Steve

Steve (Dr.Strangelove)
Way off topic here my friend,but how's the Hurricane coming . They've alway been the top of the list favorite WW II British fighters.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:52:53 AM »
I've never built a Hurricane but it's on my list in 1/48 scale. Is the Airfix kit a good choice for a guy like me who enjoys building OOB?

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 09:43:40 AM »
Well Im going to be tight on time finishing it. Just doing a BoB scheme. I added a cockpit,wheelwells, scribed it, replaced the exhaust,wheels and oilcooler amongst other little things. Its just the old 1/72 Airfix kit from 1979. For 1/48th the Airfix is good for shape etc, just a little basic in areas.

Steve