Author Topic: Photo etched D.VII panels?  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
Photo etched D.VII panels?
« on: April 08, 2013, 02:00:28 AM »
Surprised no one has announced these for WNW...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:42:49 AM by Captain Slower »

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Photo etched D.VII panels?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:01:58 AM »
i supposed a really high end pe company could do some nice pe cowl panels, and i'm sure they will come out soon. truth be told i was pretty impressed with the kit molded cowl. i couldnt believe that the louvers were molded open. i figure all i have to do is run a #11 in a scraping motion to thin the actual louvers just a touch and they will look pretty damn good

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 12:05:56 PM »
pe would be possible if it were done as a panel with separate louvers. kinda like eduard did with some of its pe sets for instance the albatros diii 1/32 set had louveres that can be made to look 3d. this added to the actual side panels with separate doors and a few of those metal fastener clip thingies would look good if done well. probably look best if soldered carefully

Offline BoRoss78

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 03:27:32 PM »
I remember that Eduard did them in 1/48 as one of their early sets.  Cut the opening with a Xacto#11 blade and use an old ball point pen to press out the louvres from behind.
Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord, singing "Subtle plans are here again!"