Author Topic: You married men might understand...  (Read 3249 times)

Offline Jonmath

Re: You married men might understand...
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 02:48:12 PM »
Thanks so much to all of you for your kind responses.

This one
... If she wants to paint an aeroplane purple then go for it, there are no hard and fast rules to say that all of our models have to be historically correct, it's her model so she can paint it what ever colour she chooses...Des.

was especially dangerous because she then decided that the Roland C.II Walfisch, which is 'fat and cute' could thus be painted purple with a fluffy white kitten on the fuselage.  Apparently this is the aircraft piloted by 'von Richthofen's hairdresser with his shampoo boy riding in the back seat'.  I am further informed that these brave men, from the most exclusive salon in Berlin, periodically dodged the flak and enemy planes over the front lines to ensure the Red Baron always had a perfect and fashionable coiffure, bad hair days being deleterious to aerial combat.

I am grateful for being rescued from this course of action by CoyoteMagic's timely posting of Hans-Georg von der Marwitz's Pfalz DIIIa, which has fortunately found favour with her although she's "not big on orange". Nevertheless, we'll be going with this, but as we've recently moved and are still settling in it may take awhile to acquire the model and start work as all my hobby stuff is still in boxes. But we'll keep you up to date, and maybe even do a build log!

Again, I appreciate your valuable input.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 05:31:49 PM by Jonmath »

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 06:44:36 PM »
Not WWI, but there was a pink spitfire variant in WWII, possibly in a reconnaissance role but I can't recall the specifics.

And "modern" day Gulf war variants were often painted in a "desert pink" scheme - even aircraft as big as the RAF TriStar!

Offline Amelia Earhart

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 09:08:06 PM »
Hello everyone,

sorry to interrupt a gentlemen's conversation, but as I'm also a women, proud to see we're growing in number ;)
Found this links, maybe she can get some inspiration!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jubmGB7OtjI
http://combatace.com/topic/34032-ouestion-about-default-paint-on-albatros-diii/

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 07:53:49 AM »
This is definitely something to be nurtured!  My wife really genuinely likes my models and thinks the hobby is neat.  She is an avid knitter and sewer and we both look forward to evenings at the table when the wee-ones are in bed and we get to sit, do our hobbies and talk for a couple of hours.  A wonderful way to connect and appreciate each other.

It also helps that she will get me WNW stuff and a Thomas Morse vacuform for my birthday!!!  ::)  Not to mention a Roden 1/72nd Albatros too!

I do love her so...

Dan

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 08:37:42 AM »
I must admit that fully half my stash and a lot of my books are presents from my wife. Might have something to do with the list of "WANTS" I keep leaving available, especially as Christmas or the Birthday gets close and also the special Favorites File on the PC. I certainly appreciate the gifts more then a shirt or tie; they don't come in Lozenge or PC10 anyway! ;D
Cheers,
Lance

That's how it works at my house too. How boring it would be to receive a shirt or tie on a birthday. Yuck!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 09:47:15 AM »
I must admit that fully half my stash and a lot of my books are presents from my wife. Might have something to do with the list of "WANTS" I keep leaving available, especially as Christmas or the Birthday gets close and also the special Favorites File on the PC. I certainly appreciate the gifts more then a shirt or tie; they don't come in Lozenge or PC10 anyway! ;D
Cheers,
Lance

That's how it works at my house too. How boring it would be to receive a shirt or tie on a birthday. Yuck!

Cheers,

Chris
Same here.  If Carol isn't getting me a kit, it's another Ikea case.  She even went with me to the OTF convention in Monterey.  She does puzzles and her table is right next to mine.  Beats the hell out ot tv.
Cheers
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline BoRoss78

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 06:09:10 AM »
Weren't the first Pfalz D.III and early Alb. D.III (OAW) types done in the Green & lilac wrap on the wings & fuselage.  Lt. Heldmann of Jasta 10 comes to mind on the Pfalz.
Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord, singing "Subtle plans are here again!"

Dekenba

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 07:48:49 PM »
How about Pheon's purple & blue Gotha?

mike in calif

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 09:37:03 AM »
Now THAT'S a kit choice to get behind! Cool paint too.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 08:42:25 AM »
Coming in late but Kurt Wolf flew an Albatros DIII with the fuselage painted "plum Purple".
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

-Sören-

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 04:55:14 PM »
I wish my wife would have more interest in my hobby. She always say:"Darling, it's so expensive! It's not good for Your eyes. Be careful! The knife is very sharp!" And then she wants to let my birds fly!  >:( "I think it's an airplane. an Airplane must fly!"