Author Topic: Fun with WNW Hansa Brandenburg W.29 prices  (Read 579 times)

Offline petero

Fun with WNW Hansa Brandenburg W.29 prices
« on: March 29, 2013, 09:22:54 AM »
I became interested in WW1 modeling and WNW last fall after the W.29 had already sold out, so I had to go to eBay to get one.  Being an IT geek by profession, I couldn't resist doing a little data gathering.

First, a spreadsheet of all the W.29 sales since November 9, 2012.

Second, a line graph of the same data.  The red line is the selling price, and the green line is price plus shipping:

I think I've found the reason they sold out so quickly - apparently eBay ID struds01 bought most of them  :) .  He has sold 5 since I've been keeping track, and has a sixth on eBay now.  $1254 in gross sales for $445 cost of goods sold is a pretty good profit!    Interestingly, his ID is registered in the UK, but the models ship from NZ.

I bought mine on Jan. 20, for "only" $191.  That's pretty ridiculous  :o, but it's the second-lowest price for a MIB example.  The seller had it listed in one of the diecast categories, and it slipped right under the radar.  He probably couldn't figure out why it wasn't getting any bids.  The moral for sellers is to pay attention to what you're doing, and the moral for buyers is to keep your eBay search as broad as possible.  I use "wingnut brandenburg" (without the quotes), set to Worldwide, and no category specified.  It catches a lot of crap that way - mostly wing nut hardware - but it catches all the W.29 kits too.

Peter