Author Topic: Eduard Sopwith Triplane  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Nigel Jackson

Eduard Sopwith Triplane
« on: March 20, 2013, 09:58:17 PM »
Hello All

Well, thanks to this great forum I've been able to acquire an Eduard ProfiPACK Sopwith Triplane and I'm so looking forward to making it - when I finally get time.

The first thing that struck me on opening the box was just how small a 1/48 Tripehound is compared to the 1/32 version I'm in the course of building.

But before I even start preparing things I wondered if anybody can give me any hints and tips about this model?

Thanks

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Rob Hart

Re: Eduard Sopwith Triplane
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:28:24 PM »
Here is a link to a build thread on another forum:

http://www.swannysmodels.com/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1286118884

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 12:53:17 AM »
Thanks for the link Rob - and I notice at least one familiar name there! It's a pity that the author/builder took the photos down. Even so, I'm getting a bit nervous about the task ahead.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 02:53:22 AM »
Nigel, this is the best I could find. 

http://www.modelersite.com/Dic2011/Thebest/English/Sopwith_Eng.htm

Sorry about the format.  Not sure how to change it, but at least it addresses the issues with the aft fusealge and the turtle deck.  Aside from these two things, and they're easily fixable, it's an excellent kit.  I look forward to seeing your build progress.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 02:33:26 AM »
That would indeed be good news Red Baron.  Thanks too for the link Bud. I might just invest in that.

The bad news is that spring is just starting here which means lots to do in that which we call a garden and there is also a mountain of work due in very soon from my students.  No wonder that backlog of unmade models gets longer and longer.

Best wishes
Nigel