Author Topic: Master Box & Miniart enter WWI with Announced Figure Kits  (Read 1918 times)

WarrenD

Master Box & Miniart enter WWI with Announced Figure Kits
« on: March 04, 2013, 02:38:25 AM »
I know y'all don't care about the ground-pounder stuff like I do, but I thought you'd like the pilot figures. Master Box has some good sculptors working for them.

http://michtoy-from-the-front.blogspot.com/2013/03/master-box-miniart-enter-wwi-with.html?spref=fb

Enjoy.

Warren

Offline petrov27

Re: Master Box & Miniart enter WWI with Announced Figure Kits
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 02:50:55 AM »
Thanks for the heads up - though I sure wish that Udet figure was in 1/32 instead of 1/16....
-Patrick

WarrenD

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 02:58:23 AM »
Thanks for the heads up - though I sure wish that Udet figure was in 1/32 instead of 1/16....

Me too. I really think they would have hit a jackpot if they had released in that scale. Master Box uses the same sculptor as TANK, and they produce some beautiful figures. Perhaps those here who model in 1/32nd (I don't) should write them to encourage them to produce some ground crew figures to compliment the WNW releases.

Warren

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 05:10:43 AM »
Hi All

Well, it's time for me to don the helmet and put my head above the parapet ......

I have no shadow of a doubt that they will be beautiful figures whatever the scale, but Richthofen, Goering and Udet? Perhaps it's just me but I do get tired of this idea that whether it's the Great War or the Second World War, German equipment, tanks, planes, figure sets etc must come first. From the manufacturer's point of view, I can understand the commercial imperative of Richthofen, but Goering and Udet?  Are they any more viable, let alone desirable, than say Mannock or  Ball, or Rickenbacker, or heaven forbid, Fonck who was, after all, the Allied ace of aces?

There, I feel better now; best go and seek shelter and await the bombardment.

Best wishes
Nigel

WarrenD

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 09:53:07 AM »
Nah Nigel, I'm with you pard. As for me and my house give me a Coppens, Nungesser, and a Luke.  8)  However, if there is one truism in the scale modeling world, it's that German stuff sells. Even the made up stuff that never existed.

Warren

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 11:24:26 AM »
I understand and partly agree with the frustrations of the German focus on model items but they do sell and German subjects are a good pick to test the commercial viability of 1/16th pilot figures. That said.... Goering???... for a whole range of reasons any figure which commemorates the man is inappropriate, his WW1 service notwithstanding, we cannot ignore or hide his later activities and I don't mean heading the Luftwaffe.

Surely Boelcke or Immelman would have made a worthy "profile" companion to Von Richthofen and Udet?

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 12:39:56 AM »
.... theres more stuff on the market I really like that I havent bought yet so what I dont want doesnt really matter.....selfish I know but.....

Steve

WarrenD

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »
.... theres more stuff on the market I really like that I havent bought yet so what I dont want doesnt really matter.....selfish I know but.....

Now worries Steve, that's how I feel about WNW kits.  ::)

Warren

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 09:27:19 PM »
i agree, why goering. we all know who he became but he was a much more minor person in ww1, mvr and udet maybe voss. i'm not sure why german stuff sells better figure wise. its obvious why the aircraft kits sell better more unique and more colorful options. dont get me wrong i like doing a bit of pc-10/cdl sometimes but not only color but the elegance of the machines appeal to me more. ie i would much rather model an albatros than a se5a. just my opinion. i'm one of those german fans. actually i prefer a-h stuff the most with kraut kraft a close second. next in line french and lastly brit stuff. some brit planes are so ugly they are neat like the be2-re8 series awkward and gangly looking as they are.but face it in general axis craft are more flashy and eye catching. bottom line.