Author Topic: G'day all  (Read 5540 times)

modelmaker

G'day all
« on: April 17, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »
My names Sean Morgan from Victoria Australia I'm nobody special, just here to look and learn and maybe some day I might be able to build a half decent WW1 model from everything I learn from here! :P To date  I have 1 & a half wingnut builds under my belt ,ist was a Albatross DVa and currently I'm half way through building a Wingnut Gotha but I'm to embarassed to post pics of it here.

Sean

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: G'day all
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 05:20:56 PM »
Hello Sean and welcome to the forum, so glad to see you here. Please post the pictures of your Gotha, this forum is not a competition to see who has the best looking model but a place to share your build experience with other WW1 aircraft modelers.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ta152c

• My threads are doing iron man numbers
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 07:12:37 PM »
Welcome, just joined myself :)
"I hope he burned all the way down" - Mannock on hearing of the death of Manfred Von Richthofen, 1918.

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 09:39:58 PM »
G'day Sean,

that's 1 and a half more builds than me!

Good to see another Aussie. :)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 12:21:57 AM »
By all means, post some images! I still figure that I'm the resident 'new guy' to WWI aircraft modelling so I know that I could pick up some tips from your builds.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 12:43:05 AM »
My names Sean Morgan from Victoria Australia I'm nobody special, just here to look and learn and maybe some day I might be able to build a half decent WW1 model from everything I learn from here! :P To date  I have 1 & a half wingnut builds under my belt ,ist was a Albatross DVa and currently I'm half way through building a Wingnut Gotha but I'm to embarassed to post pics of it here.

Sean

Good to have you with us Sean and you've thrown in with a knowledgeable, helpful and friendly group.  The folks here are about helping and not criticizing so jump in. I suspect you’re doing much better than you think.   :)

Paddy
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:01:28 AM by phs Paddy »
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 06:48:27 AM »
We're all here to learn. Im actually going to post some build pics here because the atmophere is so positive!!

Online RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 08:40:56 AM »
welcome Sean. I learn something from every build posted by the talented modelers here! I am sure you will also.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Carpo

• A gallery of my Models
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »
G'day Sean,
Don't let fear stop you posting pictures of your models.
More experienced modellers may be contemplating building the same kit as you (and the Gotha is certainly popular) so don't let us miss out on learning the finer points on how a model goes together.
I have always liked the quote "It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others!" so even a disaster can be of benefit!

(But I am sure your models aren't as bad as  you may think)
Carpo
The air force will always need technicians because pilots need heroes too.

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 05:39:09 PM »
Hi Sean, welcome.

Cheers

Pete.