Author Topic: USMC DH-9a  (Read 11758 times)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: USMC DH-9a
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2013, 01:27:12 AM »
Mike,
    You've got a real winner coming here. The Gaspatch Buckles look great and the grey toning/contrast of the fuselage is very effective. On your earlier remark regarding the extra work, planning, and time involved with a "two holer" I agree completely. My sole venture into this category is still in progress after nearly double the time of a single seat Build, and the pitfalls are well documented in my Brisfit Build Log; a real eye opener and surprise to me!
   You are almost there, keep at her, she's magnificent.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Zabu

« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2013, 02:38:15 AM »
Very nicely done rigging.

The model has a superb look.

Cheers

mike in calif

« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2013, 07:50:29 AM »
Thank you all for the words of encouragement! After doing all the rigging, I'm at the point where all I see is the not-so-good-stuff. It helps to get a little feedback, which in this case makes me feel a little better. Definitely a learning  experience.
 Lance, ya, there is a little more "looking forward" with a build like this.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2013, 11:25:58 AM »
Don't get side-tracked by the things that you could have done better, Mike.  When
you look at the whole package it is a blinding success!  The other stuff you can file
in the education dept. :)  Already I can't wait to join you on your next project. ;D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2013, 05:09:42 PM »

Looks great to me Mike,

In my experience, the bigger, longer projects tend to make me fall out of love with the model for a spell towards the end, but they're worth it when you finish!

Nearly there now  :D

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

mike in calif

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2013, 09:05:03 AM »
Ernie, Guy,
     Thanks for the words of encouragement! Still more planning, and details, but it is getting closer. I'm shooting to deliver on Nov.10th., the birthday of the USMC.     

Offline mgunns

« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2013, 12:51:38 AM »
Hello Mike:

I will echo the sentiments of the others here on the job you are doing.  It is all experimental and your work is outstanding.  Your shading, highlighting etc., all top notch.  I used EZ line and like you rigged the upper wing.  I found the rigging on this bird to be rather straightforward with no pitfalls.  It is an impressive build and you are doing an impressive job. Looking forward to more as you progress through this build.  I have one more in the stash and want to do the one with "White walls"!

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2013, 02:12:57 AM »
This is looking really good Mike.

I can't wait to see how it progresses.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline KONG

• A day without sunshine is like...night
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2013, 09:52:36 AM »
Looking forward to more Mike. What a great job man  8)
Awsome . . . Love it

Cheers

DAVE
"If I could only have brought him down alive..."

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2013, 10:45:18 AM »
Excellent work with the rigging and turnbuckle fitment Mike, she is coming together really well now, looking forward to the next update.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

mike in calif

« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2013, 12:12:16 PM »
Thank you all for the kind comments and encouragement. I'm plugging away as time permits, and I really want to show this at least once before delivery, so I guess it's the Secret Society of Model Builders Winterfest 2014. Held the week-end of the NFL pro-bowl, Jan 28th IIRC. At any rate, some more pics soon.

mike in calif

« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2014, 12:29:07 PM »
OK, back to it! I fell 4 pages, and am back on my feet. I decaled, drilled and pinned all the flying surfaces, have decided on how to finish the rigging. I'll get a pic up next day or so. I have to remind myself that this will be behind glass and not viewed at anything closer than 3 feet.... need to finish for Winterfest 2014 on Jan 25th.