Author Topic: 32045 - Fokker D.VII 32nd decals for Jasta 18  (Read 3531 times)

Offline rowan broadbent

32045 - Fokker D.VII 32nd decals for Jasta 18
« on: February 19, 2013, 12:41:00 AM »
Here is the first of a number of planned sets specifically designed for the new Wingnut Wings Fokker D.VII Albatros and OAW kits. - very colourful, of course  and also a neat way to avoid the (majority) of the trials of lozenge application - some of the options have vermilion paint on all wing surfaces - so no lozenge at all!!

This set includes decal markings for eight D.VIIs and scale masking diagrams for a further two D.VIIs and an additional pair of white Ravens to allow Raben's own Dr.I to be modelled.

Decals are printed on a full A4 sheet (210mm x 297mm) - white decals are double printed, to ensure opacity over black and red painted areas and all decals for tail chevrons and fuselage and tail edging are tailored exactly to the kit parts:

The bands and edging stripes for options 9 and 10 are not included as decals but precise templates and measurements for masking will be included. Two reasons for this: firstly the additional space required for the decals and the additional colours would have added considerably to the cost of the set and secondly, the red bands in option "9" will need to match the shade chosen for the red painted areas on the remainder of the aircraft - so might as well be masked and painted at the same time - and for option "10" the colour of the edging is open to debate; we have shown two interpretations here but there are other possibilities.

For Raben's Triplane (using the Roden 32nd scale kit) we have included the double-printed white ravens but the national insignia will need to be either masked and painted (full masking diagrams and measurements are included) or obtained from other decal sources:

Note that a number of these machines had the trade-mark Jasta 18 cutouts to the nose panels and some of the Albatros-built examples need additional louvres to some inspection doors which are not included in the kit. These can be easily added from quarter-round "Evergreen" rod and cutting and positioning templates are provided.

Price of this set is £12.75 and pre-orders are being taken now. The decals should be available in the next few weeks.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:17:41 AM by rowan broadbent »
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline rhallinger

Re: 32045 - Fokker D.VII 32nd decals for Jasta 18
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 01:28:02 AM »
Fabulous Rowan! I'll email my order soon.  ;D

Regards,

Bob

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:11:08 AM »
Thanks for bringing these to market, Rowan - they look superb!
Cheers,
Bob

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 02:47:55 PM »
These are gorgeous, Rowan!  I'd better hurry and build my 1/48 Monnington bus before the rush of WNW builds. ;)
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Airboss 55

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 04:59:32 AM »
Rowan,

Thanks for this new set!  Do we still order through email?  I had heard a rumor that an new website was in the works and to be launched this month. 

I also remain interested in the 1/48 Hanriot in Italian Service that you had announced some time ago.  Any updates?

Really appreciate your efforts on our behalf!!!

Life's Best,

Rick

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 11:45:12 PM »
Great choices for the first set!! Im in.

Steve

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 03:39:15 AM »
Rowan,

Thanks for this new set!  Do we still order through email?  I had heard a rumor that an new website was in the works and to be launched this month. 

I also remain interested in the 1/48 Hanriot in Italian Service that you had announced some time ago.  Any updates?

Really appreciate your efforts on our behalf!!!

Life's Best,

Rick

Hello Rick,

Yes the website was due at the end of Jan but as is the way with these things, some unexpected "challenges" appeared. Sabine has just returned from minor surgery to her right hand so this might delay things a little longer. I'm on full housewife duties!

Rowan
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline michael

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 07:39:57 AM »
Hi, Rowan hope all is well with the better half.

having recent experience with full housewife duties you have my total sympathy  :'(

michael
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

Offline Graham t

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 05:25:08 AM »
These look good.............and I'm also waiting for the website! :P

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 07:43:24 AM »
Hope all is well Rowan - just dont burn dinner!!

Steve