Author Topic: Sopwith Snipe decal set 32043 - RAF Post-War  (Read 2206 times)

Offline rowan broadbent

Sopwith Snipe decal set 32043 - RAF Post-War
« on: February 18, 2013, 03:34:23 AM »
Options finalised and decals finished and away for printing!

I've added a few more to the original seven, making eleven in all. No 8 is “Bonzo” from the winning Halton team of the 1923 Duke of York's Cup air race. No.9 is one of the aircraft sent out to Turkey during the 1922 Channak  Crisis and has a white outlined cockade in a more forward position than normal and flight markings to fin and wheel discs in maroon, for a change. No.10 and No.11 are included "for completeness" and are represented on the decal sheet by the serials only, as the markings are taken from artwork only and not verified from photos (I had also run out of room on the A4 sheet.....) but they can be fairly easily added using paint and some careful masking if you Must Have them!

There have been some changes in detail to a number of the original drawings and there will no doubt be a few more before final printing! I have not included under wing serials as my understanding is that they were not introduced until 1927, by which time the Snipe was no longer in operational service and I have yet to see clear photos showing them in place.  If it subsequently transpires that I am wrong in this, we'll knock out a set of serial numbers in the correct form and size.

Price for this full A4 sheet will be £15.00 (Like the Hannover set it’s seven colours and a big sheet), reduced to £13.50 if pre-ordered before the end of this month (February 2013). All plus post and packing at our standard rates. I hope that these should be available in mid-March.
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline drdave

Re: Sopwith Snipe decal set 32043 - RAF Post-War
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 05:31:09 AM »
PHWOAR!

Im in!

Offline drdave

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 11:59:04 PM »
Are they ready yet Rowan? Got one approaching silver paint stage....

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 03:08:44 AM »
Hello Dave,

Expecting them soon - I'll call Ray at the printshop on Monday and get an update. He's had some family things to take care of and I don't think the weather in Cornwall is helping... Don't know what all the fuss is about, we're OK here - spring lambs daffodils and everything going according to plan  - even mowed the lawn twice this year!!

Leonard Cohen

Offline drdave

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 03:47:45 AM »
It's 1c in bishops Waltham and unpleasantly windy. I'm off work to do landscaping this week sigh, might model instead.

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 08:02:11 PM »
Snipe decals have just arrived on the doorstep! Very pleased with them. We need to check through all the sheets and then do some packing before they can go out.

Leonard Cohen

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 01:25:56 AM »
Are these all sorted and ready to go? I'd like to order a set. Refresh my poor memory - I send you an email and then you paypal bill me right?

Steve

Offline drdave

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 06:10:32 AM »
I have just noticed that there is a missing set of fuselage codes. F2527 has only tail codes. Hope it's not too late! I fancy doing that one next hence I noticed.