Author Topic: Hello from New York  (Read 736 times)

Offline DMPopa

Hello from New York
« on: May 23, 2024, 11:13:54 AM »
I am a new member from Schenectady New York.

I have a question about Insert Image.   How do I display an image with my post using Insert Image?

Offline djuggie

Re: Hello from New York
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 08:08:58 AM »
Good to have you with us.  I cannot help with the photo department but it is good to have you with us.  We look forward to seeing some of your work.

Dennis

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 05:06:37 PM »
Welcome DMPopa! You'll find us a helpful lot here :)

The best way to post images is to use an image hosting service site to upload your images to. Once they are uploaded, for any given image, that site will give you a link to insert into the "Insert Image" functionality on the forum.

There are plenty of free hosting services that are quick and easy to set up. I use Imgur, for example.

If you get stuck, do sing out :)

Welcome again!

Brad C
Owner and Administrator
forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 06:45:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum Mr Popa!
Enjoy!!

Bob  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline macsporran

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2024, 07:07:46 PM »
Welcome from Bonnie Scotland!

I've been a member for ten years and fought shy of the Insert Image function for most of that time as I didn't have (or want, or understand!) a hosting site.

However a new phone with a better camera made me reconsider the rubbish tiny thumbnails I was posting.

I googled ten best free hosting sites, picked one (imgpile) and within two minutes had uploaded a test picture. A right click on this allowed me to 'copy image link'
Then on a test post here I clicked the 'Insert Image' button and right clicked between the brackets allowing me to drop the copied link and post. Done. Simples.

Don't wait ten years like me - let's see your pics now!  :)
Sandy

Offline Davos522

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 12:34:24 PM »
Hi MP, welcome to the forum from a few miles away in the Berkshires (the American ones in Mass., not the real ones in the UK)... grew up watching WRGB, and have fond memories of the old Mohawk RR hobby shop in Schenectady  :)

I had problems posting too when I joined, if you want send me a PM and I'll see what I can do about getting you set up.

All best,

Dutch

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2024, 09:59:40 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/UwlP2Kj Try as I may, using Imgur and imgpile, I can't get a pic to post directly. Brad, Dutch, Sandy can you help me? When I hit the insert image button I'm getting [img] [img] with the cursor landing between the two.

Steve
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 10:43:39 PM by pepperman42 »

Offline macsporran

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2024, 12:54:38 AM »
 ... so, Steve, you right click on your imgur picture and copy the image link, then hit the Insert Image button here - as you say the cursor lands between the bracketed img fields and just right click and save your link there (between the img fields). I'll try it for you.
S

Offline DMPopa

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2024, 02:11:44 AM »

Test

Offline DMPopa

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2024, 02:14:53 AM »
I got it.    In Imgur I used under Share Options BBCode (Forums) to save the link.   I copied this into the post without hitting the Insert Image Icon.  After hitting Post, the image appears.   

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2024, 09:11:50 AM »

Aha!! When I right clicked on the image I was left clicking on copy image address instead of right clicking. Thank you so much!!!!!

Steve
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 09:18:47 AM by pepperman42 »

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2024, 06:47:09 AM »
Welcome aboard, it's great to have you with us! I feel a little awkward for having commented on your first work in progress post before saying hi!
Zac in NZ