Author Topic: 1/32 Wingnuts Roland D.VIb  (Read 862 times)

Offline macsporran

1/32 Wingnuts Roland D.VIb
« on: May 17, 2024, 03:04:23 AM »
I'm such a stop-start modeller that I'm hesitant about Group Builds, but if I'm ever going to do one, it's going to be for Dave W, so I'll throw my hat in the ring here with the last Wingnut kit that joined the stash.

Funnily when it was originally released (at about 50GBP here) I thought, No, I've got a D.VIa, I'll not bother with a D.VIb! Big mistake. Of course once it was sold out I wished I'd bought one, then when WNW went west, I wished even more that I'd got one. Then I saw the sky-high prices and wished I'd originally bought half-a-dozen!

Anyway I finally added the Roland D.VIb to the stash and I've got the necessary Aviattic lozenge and plenty of refs, so this will be next up. Haven't decided on markings as yet (Definitely NOT the daft US camouflage experimental one though!)

So here we go.
Sandy

... oops, Sorry I'd better add a pic to show it's completely unstarted!. S.

Offline RAGIII

Re: 1/32 Wingnuts Roland D.VIb
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2024, 04:38:07 AM »
Great to see you joining in! Is this the "Last in the Stash" or the "Last Purchased" ?  Either way it's a great kit from what I have seen!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024, 03:18:52 PM »
Looking forward to your build!!!

Offline macsporran

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2024, 05:42:06 PM »
Thanks Guys.
Rick - Last to be added rather than last one, I'm afraid.
There's still quite a few to build. Undoubtedly they'll see me out rather than me seeing them out!

S (holding head in shame)

Offline NigelR

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2024, 06:23:16 PM »
Nice choice, I have a DVIa part started and the Roalnds are lovely kits.

I'm such a stop-start modeller that I'm hesitant about Group Builds, but if I'm ever going to do one, it's going to be for Dave W
Me too, I always build to my schedule so never participate in group builds. But this one is a must do.

Offline William Adair

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2024, 10:46:25 PM »
Great subject. I'd love to do a mini version of one of these one day.  :D

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2024, 03:47:14 AM »
That's an extremely organised stash you have. It must be nice when you start a new project, a bit like being in a model shop but free.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!