Author Topic: Apache 54mm  (Read 615 times)

Offline DaddyO

Apache 54mm
« on: March 06, 2024, 05:45:56 AM »
A figure for a change!  ;D

This one is a 54mm  resin kit sold by Altores Miniatures. Painted in acrylics as usual and mounted on a section of rocky land made from pollyfilla dressed up with some road dust and dirt.

Obviously sculpted for artistic appearance rather than accuracy I was pleased with how it's come out. Need to do a couple of touch ups and add a little dust to the lower limbs before finally calling it done

Paul
There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is full

Offline Davos522

Re: Apache 54mm
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 10:05:53 AM »
Nice, I love that brass-bound 1866 Winchester he’s brandishing! When I was about 15 I spent a summer in Alamogordo, New Mexico, where my brother was a weapons mechanic working on F-4Es. We drove up into the mountains one day and onto the Mescalero Apache nation lands, and he pointed out a house where Geronimo’s granddaughter was still living. For some reason that seemed a real link with history…

Dutch

Offline DaddyO

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 06:00:24 PM »
Nice, I love that brass-bound 1866 Winchester he’s brandishing! When I was about 15 I spent a summer in Alamogordo, New Mexico, where my brother was a weapons mechanic working on F-4Es. We drove up into the mountains one day and onto the Mescalero Apache nation lands, and he pointed out a house where Geronimo’s granddaughter was still living. For some reason that seemed a real link with history…

Dutch

Cheers Dutch  :)

Interesting story and I can understand why it has stayed with you; it is always a surprise and a pleasure when you find yourself so close to history which you read about in books.

Paul

Offline NigelR

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 07:17:58 PM »
Lovely stuff - are you figure painting again?

Offline DaddyO

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 07:24:56 PM »
Cheers Nigel

Not really mate, just found this one at the back of the cabinet almost done and decided to get it finished off and based rather than leave it gathering dust. (Just started another little winged project. First attempt at a scratchbuilt) ;)

Paul