Author Topic: Calling all WNW Taube owners  (Read 796 times)

Offline William Adair

Calling all WNW Taube owners
« on: February 08, 2024, 10:48:00 PM »
Hello to all! I'm currently embarking on a new scratchbuilding project and could use a little help. The plan is to make a Jeannin Stahltaube with all the bells and whistles. However, I've run into a little problem...

The two major references that I have on hand are a hard-won copy of Windsock's Taube at War, plus some sprue shots and the downloadable JPG/PDF of Wingnut Wings' Stahltaube instruction booklet.

As I compare the Windsock drawings and the 3-view plans in the WNW instructions, I can see several noticeable discrepancies between the two. Particularly in the wing, cockpit and nose shapes. The instructions seem to compare more favourably to photographs of the real thing and I suspect that the Wingnut team had access to more up-to-date sources than the datafile did.  Unfortunately the 3-view drawing in the WNW booklet is too fuzzy and low resolution for me to take any reliable measurements from it. Which leaves me cap in hand, asking for a favour...

If anyone has the WNW Taube kit handy, would they be able to come to the rescue and provide a fresh scan of the 3-view drawing that is shown on page 17??  I think if I am armed with that at a resolution of 600 or at a pinch, 300dpi, I should be able to answer all my questions regarding shape and dimensions and get me motoring again.

Thanks so much for taking a look!  Here's an image of the page in question and a pic of the model so far:

« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 08:55:24 AM by William Adair »

Offline MoFo

Offline Thumbs up

Re: Calling all WNW Taube owners
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 06:26:51 AM »
Oh boy! This is gonna be great!

Offline Davos522

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 07:36:51 AM »
Hi William, do you have access to any WWI Aero magazines? If not shoot me a PM and I can check my index for drawings if it would be helpful.

Dutch

Offline William Adair

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 09:42:57 AM »
Sorry it took a couple of days.  Busy weekend.  Big files, so they're Dropbox links; let me know when you've downloaded them, and I'll delete them.

Wow, a million thanks!!! That is amazing! 🙏🙏🙏
There looks like there are some big differences in wing shape and cockpit positions between these drawings and the ones in the Windsock file. I should have a much better chance of getting the profiles correct now. Thank you for going to so much trouble. I really appreciate it!

Hi Dutch, that is very kind of you! I have a bunch of WW1 Aero journals but none on the Taube. I’ll shout you a PM 👍