Author Topic: 1/48 Models Available  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Lance Krieg

1/48 Models Available
« on: November 11, 2023, 06:17:49 AM »
It comes a time when all good things must end, and so it is with me for serious modeling, a victim of hand tremors -- amazingly, these are not attributable to alcohol.  But it’s an ill wind that blows no good, and in this case, it offers 1/48 scale builders access to some rare kits and accessories, which I’ve collected assiduously since the 1980s.  As much as I’d like to dole these out to enthusiasts, the logistics of the matter meant I sold the whole lot to Loic Anthian at Kitlinx in Salt Lake City in the US, and there they can be found at what I hope are very reasonable prices.  His company is well regarded as an online retailer with global reach.   I can supply interested parties a spreadsheet with tabs for plane kits, weapons, and engines to see it I had some rare object of desire.   Contact me for the Excel sheet, easiest at my email: [email protected]
Parenthetically, this hobby has afforded me much pleasure over the last sixty years or so, and introduced me to some great friends.  I wish all of you the very best.

Offline the great waldo

Re: 1/48 Models Available
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 07:33:02 AM »
Hi lance l used to watch out for all your posts on the Aerodrome, especially the ,dh 2 that you made (I think i've got that right?) If you have list you can send me i'd be happy to see it. I'm in Austria so buying wouldn't have much point but I would like to see it in case i've missed something. ,([email protected]) thanks and a good future. Cheers Andrew.

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 04:37:38 PM »
Hi lance l used to watch out for all your posts on the Aerodrome, especially the ,dh 2 that you made (I think i've got that right?) If you have list you can send me i'd be happy to see it. I'm in Austria so buying wouldn't have much point but I would like to see it in case i've missed something. ,([email protected]) thanks and a good future. Cheers Andrew.
Thanks Lance

Online Davos522

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023, 12:28:01 AM »
Hi Lance, I remember your posts on the List well, particularly the epic Felixstowe with the completely detailed interior (!) and your Aurora Halbie with the hand-painted lozenge. In a way I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to liquidate your stash, but at the same time it's nice to know that they'll all end up in good homes... after making the decision to switch to 1/32 I recently gave all my 1/72 and 1/48 kits to my oldest son, who's gotten back into modeling after giving it up when he was 12 or 13 (he's 37 now, how did that happen?)... so I know how hard a decision it must have been. I'll pass the info about Kitlinx on to Curt, though.

All best,

Dutch
(whose WWIMML incarnation was Dave No. 11, or was it 12...?)

Offline NigelR

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 12:19:10 AM »
Hi Lance, sorry to hear that you are having challenges and have reached the end of your modelling career. It's going to happen to us all at some stage.

It's been a pleasure knowing you and learning so much from your posts on the mailing list and your articles in Windsock. I was at Scale ModelWorld over the weekend and we were reminiscing about the US gang's visit in 2007, and how we could no longer stay up late in the bar drinking! All the very nest to you and your family.

Nigel (Rayner)

Offline Lance Krieg

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 09:51:26 AM »
Nigel, I remember you all fondly, though I seem to recall that you questioned my masculinity because I like amoretto.  I'd like to get back to Telford, it's a great show, but the bar definitely closes earlier than it used to.

Online Davos522

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 01:50:05 PM »
I did in fact pass the info on Kitlinx along to Number One Son when he stopped by the other night; he promptly pulled out his phone and bought a couple of items on the spot... one of which was an Eduard Sopwith Triplane, IIRC, which he's been scouring the web for since I lured him back into modeling.

So good things are already coming of your decision!

All best,

Dutch