Author Topic: Great War aircraft at the Evergreen Air & Space Museum, McMinnville OR, USA  (Read 1127 times)

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
Hi all,
The other museum I visited in the United States with a selection of aircraft from World War I and the pioneer era was the Evergreen Museum, famous for being home to the Hughes H-4 Hercules (aka the Spruce Goose). There are nowhere near as many but there are some interesting aircraft, most of which I believe are replicas. My apologies for the lighting as the hangar has one completely glazed window and the sun was not in a good place for decent photos - I consider many of these shots to be more of a record than proper photos!

DSC09861 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09713 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09717 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
Untitled by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09714 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09726 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09727 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09735 by Zac Yates, on Flickr

I saw two Curtiss JN-4s on my trip, both were uncovered...I really want to see a Jenny with clothes on!!
DSC09723 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09728 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09729 by Zac Yates, on Flickr

One of the first things I saw when we entered was a stunning US Mail-marked DH.4. I love me a DH.4 and this was a beautiful example. I'm thinking this would be a nice subject for a model build so if anyone happens to have detail and cockpit photos of this example please let me know.
DSC09865 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09712 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09711 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09716 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09732 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09719 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09718 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09720 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09721 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC09738 by Zac Yates, on Flickr

I hope you like the photos.
Zac in NZ